Author Topic: A few wishes for TM functionality  (Read 40802 times)

redwing

Here are some wishes to improve the current TM functionality:

1. Support "element name.Center" for widthDock and heightDock attributes too as it's supported for xAnchor and yAnchor. Currently up to two invisible blocks are needed for a workaround.
2. Alpha value support for fg of RatingLove (star rating is already supported for fg2).
3. "Progress" as a field just like "Duration" so that Progress Position can be split.
4. "Scroll" attribute for "Field" type that makes the field along with child fields  scroll when it's too long and cut just like main player display scroll.
5. Support toggling characters and images for onClick toggling funtions (PlayPause, VolumeToggleMute, etc.)
6. Support for onClick functions for SuffleToggle and RepeatToggle
7. Regarding AlbumTracks and NowPlaylingList type
   - support for fg2 to color playing track differently
   - support "Scroll" attribute for playing track only
   - support Rating and RatingLove as child elememts
   - make both total list and child elements respect widthDock settings

Let me know what you can support this time so that I can determine when to release rdio style view (all work is done except for these wishes)
Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:31:38 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
i will have a look at this after the podcast handling improvements so probably not until the weekend at the earliest.

redwing

OK, then I'm gonna release it soon and will update it later when they're done. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
1. Support "element name.Center" for widthDock and heightDock attributes too as it's supported for xAnchor and yAnchor. Currently up to two invisible blocks are needed for a workaround.
could you provide me an example from the Rdio skin so i can better understand what you want to achieve - i know what you have said, but it will help me to get it working as you want if i can see with an example

redwing

Just PMed current working version with those examples in the code. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
i have made the change to support
widthDock="X:target element name.Center"   ie. the width of the element is set to half the width of the target element
heightDock="Y:target element name.Center"
but i dont see any example of that in the file you sent

redwing

Thanks! That's exactly what I wished to have. For the examples, I meant invisible boxes, not the Center usage. Sorry!

Steven

• Administrator
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1hvx31h4o3buhxz/mb_TheaterModePlugin.zip

this has the following changes:
1. Support "element name.Center" for widthDock and heightDock attributes
3. "PlayPosition" and "PlayDuration"
6. Support for onClick functions for "ShuffleToggle" and "RepeatToggle"

i will have a look at 2, 5 and 7 minus the scroll bar request

edit:
for 1, i also added support for percentage values
e.g. heightDock="x:#Cover.70" would be 70% of the width of element #Cover

Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:35:55 PM by Steven

redwing

Can you support percentage values for xAnchor and yAnchor too?

e.g. xAnchor="Panel.25" means 25% position from the left for the width of panel.
Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:38:08 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
http://www.mediafire.com/?1hvx31h4o3buhxz

- percentages for anchors is now supported

- the following attribute is now supported for fields, blocks, child elements etc.
 visibleTrigger="XXXX"
when XXXX is true the element is displayed. So that means you would need to repeat the element but show it with a different image or text and the opposite trigger condition
Valid triggers are:
            Playing
            NotPlaying
            VolumeMute
            VolumeNotMute
            ShuffleOn
            ShuffleOff
            RepeatOn
            RepeatOff
            EqualiserOn
            EqualiserOff
            ScrobbleOn
            ScrobbleOff

eg.
Code
<element type="Text" x="81" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-52" width="50" font="Webdings" style="Bold" size="25" fg="255,255,255" mouseOverFg="0,150,250" onClick="PlayPause" visibleTrigger="Playing">4</element>
<element type="Text" x="81" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-52" width="50" font="Webdings" style="Bold" size="25" fg="255,255,255" mouseOverFg="0,150,250" onClick="PlayPause" visibleTrigger="NotPlaying">8</element>

redwing

Do ShuffleToggle and RepeatToggle onClick functions support image files? They don't seem to work with icon type image files though they work fine with text type. Icons are shown, but not clickable.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

Now the icons are clickable, but has no effect on settings.

Also two images look overlapped like this

Code
<element type="Icon" image="Images\Rdio_ShuffleOn.png" xAnchor="PlayPosition.Left" x="-25" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-30" width="30" height="20" onClick="ShuffleToggle" visibleTrigger="ShuffleOn"></element>
<element type="Icon" image="Images\Rdio_ShuffleOff.png" xAnchor="PlayPosition.Left" x="-25" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-30" width="30" height="20" onClick="ShuffleToggle" visibleTrigger="ShuffleOff"></element>

All onClick functions are working fine with text types when visibleTrigger is set, but none of them works with icons.