Author Topic: Google Music Playlist Sync  (Read 54308 times)

leo_r

All instructions are on the Plugin Wiki Page.

DOWNLOAD HERE. Extract both files into the MusicBee\Plugins directory.

If MusicBee crashes before it loads: Make sure you're running version 2.5.5524 or later.

If you can't login: Check you've enabled "Less secure apps" for your Google account.

If you previously used version 1.0 of this plugin
- Delete the file "GMusicAPI.dll" from the MusicBee\Plugins directory
- Delete the file "gmusicStream.Settings.xml" from C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee

Changelog:

25th April 15, V 1.7: Fixed the bug that meant playlists weren't properly synced back to MusicBee
18th Feb 2015, V 1.5: Reworked plugin significantly so it's much more robust.
Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:13:22 PM by leo_r

SimonBRT

thanks for this!  i intend to try it once i get some time.  (though really looking to getting my GPlay library in sync with my MB library, hopefully you or boroda can get that side of things working...)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Very nice! 

It would be super helpful if you could add your plugin to the wiki.  Most plugin developers are maintaining their notes there and answering questions here.

If you have any questions about how to add it, I'm happy to help.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

zkyevolved

Hello. Will there be an update to this plugin? I have MusicBee 2.3.5188 and the plugin doesn't work :( It doesn't even appear in my list of plugins. Am I doing something wrong? I much prefer this addon than others. I like to upload the music myself and then have MusicBee update my playlists on Google Music.
Thank you.

leo_r

Hey! I haven't really done any work on this since I released it, but I'll have a look next week some time. Hopefully there's not too much work required! It's good to hear there's interest!

zkyevolved

I can't speak for others, but I really love this plugin. I upload all my music to Google Music, but what I want is to manage the playlists on my desktop, and have them be reflected on Google Music. But I don't use GM as my PRIMARY music player. I prefer to use MusicBee! That's why your plugin is fantastic! Thank you for considering working on it :)

leo_r

It's good to know someone's using it!

I've just updated my MusicBee installation to 2.3.5188 and it still seems to work. I installed it over the previous installation and the plugin still appears in the list and appears to work as it did before.

Do you have all 3 DLLs in your "MusicBee\Plugins" directory? I'm not familiar enough with MusicBee to know what would cause a plugin to not appear in the list at all.

zkyevolved

How foolish of me. Thank you. :$ It's back to working ^.^

Diandi

Thank you very much for this. I keep a playlist on Google Music which downloads the songs in it to my device, so you can imagine how this makes stuff easier.

Although it is not completely working for me. I'm on 2.4.5233, doesn't sync from Google and everytime I hit the sync button I see repeated local playlists in the plugin. Syncing to Google works great.

joebanana

zkyevolved

I'm sad to say that it's not working anymore :( ...

It says that it logs in and then it gets stuck at fetching playlists. It doesn't do anything anymore :-\ Probably a google change or something like that. Can you confirm this? :) Thanks!

EDIT: Working again, probably error on Google's side :) Thanks!
Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:50:10 AM by zkyevolved

Rosemara

Hey any tips for people using app passwords to log in? Mine is stuck on "fetching remote playlists." I tried reinstalling the plugin to see if that helps. I'm using the latest 2.3 version.

EDIT: how strange, it suddenly works. No idea where the issue comes from but I'm glad it's resolved itself. (see also: post above this one)
Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:42:04 PM by Rosemara

leo_r

I'll see if I can reproduce the issues people are facing. It sounds like it's possibly an issue with Google Music or some poor network handling code on my part - probably a mixture of the two. I'm hoping that I'll have some time soon to look at the plugin and improve it somewhat.

Sorry for my silence - I thought I'd set up email alerts on this thread, but obviously not.

Leo

SimonBRT

So I tried this plugin when it was first release and a couple of times since and it has just never worked (always got stuck on fetching remote playlists).

Tried again today with little hope since not having my playlists on the go (I use GPlay Music exclusively on my phone) was a real sore point for me...  Anyway, it worked!  Don't know why now and why not ever before, but so happy!

Thanks leo_r!

Pandonia

First of all, THANK YOU for making such an awesome plugin... I've been annoyed by the cloud based/desktop non playlist syncing issue for YEARS and just ran across MusicBee and this plugin.. this will be what makes me a MusicBee Believer. 

Although I'm also experiencing the issue of not being able to sync FROM google.  I tried downloading again and re-installing, still no luck.  When I have several playlist selected to copy from google I hit synchronize and everything seems to happen very quickly and the "synchronize complete" pops up yet the playlists don't appear in the MusicBee playlist pane. 

Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:09:46 PM by Pandonia