Author Topic: MB losing love/banned status  (Read 9607 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've been noticing this for a couple of weeks at least: I will love or ban a track, and then the love or ban status will disappear.  As far as I can tell, it's happening when it switches to the next track, like it forgets to update the file or something (though since love/ban is only saved to the database, I'm not sure why that would matter).  If I catch any other details I'll let you know, but that seems to be the pattern.  It doesn't always happen, though.

(Confirmed that this is happening on 5035)
Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:26:32 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
How do you love or ban a track usually?

Most often in the now playing list (it's a column), from main panel or compact player.  But sometimes I use the player bar in compact player, and sometimes the taskbar player.  I haven't observed any difference in the behavior between these methods.
Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:00:05 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
have you ever logged into last.fm via musicbee? eg. if you click the last.fm button, are the account details blank.
 (you dont have to have scrobbling enabled at the time for it to update your last.fm account)

edit:
playing around i am not able to reproduce any issue. How do you tell it hasnt updated eg. does the love icon switch off automatically in the main panel? It seems to me the most likely explanation is you have last.fm account details and last.fm is failing to update, in which case MB un-does the love status
Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:15:31 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
have you ever logged into last.fm via musicbee? eg. if you click the last.fm button, are the account details blank.
 (you dont have to have scrobbling enabled at the time for it to update your last.fm account)

No, I've never been logged in to last.fm from this installation.  I'm using love/banned for my own purposes.

How do you tell it hasnt updated eg. does the love icon switch off automatically in the main panel?

I originally discovered it because I would check to make sure it was updating correctly when I used the taskbar player to love/ban a track, and after I had confirmed it I found the track with no love/ban later.  Then I started paying closer attention and noticed it disappearing from the main panel, too.  I've also noticed tracks with the "ban" minus sign, but there was no corresponding red ban icon.

I'm still monitoring.  My mouse was going bad and sending random clicks, but that tended to involve things like jumping up or down several pages in a list, and shouldn't have affected anything off screen, such as when I was using the taskbar player.

Added: now it's happened with the new mouse, so it's not that.
Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:18:08 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
could you run this debug version - it will log to the error log each time MB updates the love status. You would need to keep note of each time you do it and there should be corresponding entries in the log with info about what MB is doing

http://www.mediafire.com/?7j697ut2mtttcc9

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Will do!  May not have a chance to test intensively until tomorrow.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It took a while, but I caught it with the debug version (though I don't know how much it will tell you).  Here's the sequence:

John: Loved, stuck
Sussudio: Banned, stuck
Sexy Chick: Banned, stuck
Jesus Gave Me Water: Banned, lost (didn't see when)
One Foundation: Banned, lost as soon as I loved the next track
Too Late, Too Late: Loved, stuck

For what it's worth, I also deleted Sussidio and Sexy Chick somewhere in the midst of it.  That's what I'm using Ban for, to mark tracks for deletion.

And the error log:

10/16/2013 10:56:30 PM - love=True,file=C:\Users\Owner\Media\Inbox\Indigo Girls\Beauty Queen Sister\02 John.flac
10/16/2013 10:56:30 PM - url=C:\Users\Owner\Media\Inbox\Indigo Girls\Beauty Queen Sister\02 John.flac,new=L,artist=Indigo Girls,title=John
10/16/2013 10:56:30 PM - updated
10/16/2013 10:57:53 PM - url=C:\Users\Owner\Media\Inbox\Phil Collins\The Platinum Collection\2-01 Sussudio.mp3,new=B,artist=Phil Collins,title=Sussudio
10/16/2013 10:57:53 PM - updated
10/16/2013 11:00:36 PM - love=False,file=C:\Users\Owner\Media\Inbox\David Guetta\Unknown Album\01 Sexy Chick.mp3
10/16/2013 11:00:36 PM - url=C:\Users\Owner\Media\Inbox\David Guetta\Unknown Album\01 Sexy Chick.mp3,new=B,artist=David Guetta feat. Akon,title=Sexy Bitch
10/16/2013 11:00:36 PM - updated
10/16/2013 11:00:55 PM - love=False,file=C:\Users\Owner\Media\Inbox\B.B.KING\B.B.King Sings Spirituals\06 Jesus Gave Me Water.mp3
10/16/2013 11:00:55 PM - url=C:\Users\Owner\Media\Inbox\B.B.KING\B.B.King Sings Spirituals\06 Jesus Gave Me Water.mp3,new=B,artist=B.B. King,title=Jesus Gave Me Water
10/16/2013 11:00:55 PM - updated
10/16/2013 11:02:16 PM - love=False,file=C:\Users\Owner\Media\Inbox\The Wailers\Burnin'\One Foundation.MP3
10/16/2013 11:02:16 PM - url=C:\Users\Owner\Media\Inbox\The Wailers\Burnin'\One Foundation.MP3,new=B,artist=The Wailers,title=One Foundation
10/16/2013 11:02:16 PM - updated
10/16/2013 11:06:32 PM - love=True,file=C:\Users\Owner\Media\Music\Robin & Linda Williams\2002 - Visions of Love\06 Too Late, Too Late.mp3
10/16/2013 11:06:32 PM - url=C:\Users\Owner\Media\Music\Robin & Linda Williams\2002 - Visions of Love\06 Too Late, Too Late.mp3,new=L,artist=Robin & Linda Williams,title=Too Late, Too Late
10/16/2013 11:06:32 PM - updated

For good measure, here's a screenshot of the Now Playing List.  You can see how the "skip track" sign is still there, but not the ban sign.  Also, I checked and the "exclude from playback" field is unchecked.

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

lnminente

Maybe the history of played songs in that time is needed. Another bugs has been derivated from a playlist where a song is deleted and and numbers in playlist are not updated. (If you have listened again one of those songs it will not appear there as the last played has been updated)

Steven

• Administrator
for the tracks that didnt work, had you rated or edited them before-hand while the song was playing?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
for the tracks that didnt work, had you rated or edited them before-hand while the song was playing?

No, I definitely hadn't, although I can't swear they weren't open in the editor at some point.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
do you have artwork auto-search and auto-save and if so do you think those tracks might have had artwork retrieved?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I do and that's possible.

Now that I'm looking into it, I'm finding that, yes, it tends to happen with tracks that have no artwork going in.  The artwork is loaded, I love the track, and then if I switch to another track and back, love status goes away.

I saw a love status removed from a track that had been loved for a long time, this morning.  That track also had no artwork.

For the record, I have only fanart.com (should be fanart.tv, but it's working anyway) and google selected for searches, in that order.
Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:28:38 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator