Author Topic: Right click + open the containing folder...  (Read 3585 times)

truhlo

This would be a great feature too. To right-click on a song and have the option to access the "containing folder" (which is often the album the song is on). Personally, I use it a lot and would be happy if I could do it in MusicBee. Thanks!

boroda

truhlo

Great, thanks, I got it! Although it would be better if I could click it right away rather than having to go to Search and then browse between several options, but I can handle it:) Thanks bro.

Zak

• Global Moderator
You can also assign that action to a hotkey or toolbar button which will be quicker.
Bee excellent to each other...

truhlo

Splendid! I set it to E, it works like a charm. Is it also possible to assign volume up/down command to the mouse-wheel?

mrad

Is it also possible to assign volume up/down command to the mouse-wheel?
This is already how it works, at least on my machine it is - without any extra effort (2.2).

I'll elaborate...

Mouse-wheel volume works well when MB is minimised and you hover over any part of the minimised bar or when the bar has focus.

However, if MB is full screen, then the mouse-wheel will have different function depending on where the pointer is positioned - standard.

I don't use other modes so i'm not sure how it operates there, but you can find that out.

@Zak, Nice, I just added another toolbar command, i'm up to 5 (would be more if I could assign more externals - wishlisted, as you know :) )
Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:40:45 PM by mrad

truhlo

You are right, I forgot to mention I know I can control volume with a wheel, but I have to hover the mouse over the volume bar, which kind of defeats the point of doing it easily, without having to drag and aim with a mouse. For now, I have assigned volume down/up commands to LEFT and RIGHT arrows.

vivadavid

Thanks: I also needed to have quick access to the containing folder and I've just set up a hotkey for the first time.

I have a question, though: should I tick "global"? What is it for? Thanks!

mrad

I have a question, though: should I tick "global"? What is it for? Thanks!

It enables the hotkey to be used no matter which process has input focus rather than just when MB has it. Used sparingly, I use global for minimise/maximise MB - which also grabs focus. Take care not to globally assign a key combo that another application uses.
Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:30:02 PM by mrad

vivadavid

So this means that if I make it global, I can use the hotkey even if MB is not my current window at a particular time. in that case, I'll untick it. Thanks!