Author Topic: Vertical artwork view  (Read 40159 times)

Barbie-qu

Album Artist is treated exactly the same way as it is in the column browser; ie. if there is no album artist tag then it uses the artist tag instead
Ok, that's fine.
Is it impossible to make a track only appear in the 'Empty' category  then?

redwing

When sorting by Album Artist, if a track's Album Artist tag is empty, the track is shown in both the 'Empty' category at the top of the browser, and additionally below it.

If a track appears in 'Empty' category, it must have neither Album Artist value nor Artist value. Any tracks having an Artist value won't appear in that category regardless of its Album Artist value.

Currently the only way to identify no-Album Artist value tracks with MB is to use a filter or an auto-playlist with the rule of containing a/no value for that field (virtual tags won't help either).

Barbie-qu

Thanks for the clarification.
Strangely the 'Empty' category has now disappeared, and I can't get the behaviour to repeat.

I like this new feature though. Thank you.

Alumni

I've been playing around with this vertical view and it works great.

I'd like to make a suggestion, a side-by-side layout similar to the column browser. I made this mock-up to demonstrate what I mean;

KissCool

Dunno if it's intended, but when you select an album, then a track with the Artwork layout, the thumbnail browser only show the album artist of this album, while with the Album & Tracks layout, it still show the complete album artists list (the album artist of the selected track is just highlighted).
IMO, the thumbnail browser with the Artwork layout should work like it does with the Album and tracks layout. It's a lot easier to jump to another artist, while showing only one artist in the thumbnail browser is quiete useless. Highlighting the selected artist is enough.

just done for the main panel (i probably wont dont this for the library explorer unless there are a number of requests for that)
I'd really like to have the thumbnail brower for the library explorer. Would give more flexibility to MB layout:
Left panel & thumbnail browser side by side

Now playing & library explorer (thumbnail browser) stacked in left panel:
Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:27:18 PM by KissCool

Steven

• Administrator
Dunno if it's intended, but when you select an album, then a track with the Artwork layout, the thumbnail browser only show the album artist of this album, while with the Album & Tracks layout, it still show the complete album artists list (the album artist of the selected track is just highlighted).
if you are referring to double clicking on a picture to drill down into the tracks of the album then the thumb browser will reflect the artists of the album. If thats what you mean i dont see how its comparable to using the album and tracks layout and not something i would change

KissCool

Forgive what I said. How the thumbnail browser is working atm is just fine. What I was talking about is just a specific case and wouldn't fit to most of cases.

Steven

• Administrator

SimonBRT

@KissCool - Have you shared the skin in those screens above?  It looks pretty damn nice!

KissCool

@KissCool - Have you shared the skin in those screens above?  It looks pretty damn nice!

Thank you.
I only skinned the elements I need for my layout, therefore I can't share it for now.