Author Topic: Vertical artwork view  (Read 40149 times)

Steven

• Administrator

SimonBRT

this is a really fantastic addition.  made me rethink my age old layouts!  great stuff.

mrad

This could also work in the artist column of the "track browser"

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This could also work in the artist column of the "track browser"

Huh?  There is an artist version.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
i think mrad means that the artist thumbnail panel could replace the artist column in the track browser.
I didnt do that because it would look inconsistent, is better suited to a vertical layout and allows a greater degree of flexibility by having both the track browser and the new thumb panel

mikebo

You've done a great job Steven. I really like the genre icon.

One issue i've noticed is that double clicking in the thumbnail browser doesn't do anything, whereas in column browser it queues and plays the selection.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_3/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

- now supports Album Artist and Composer as artist types
- hotkey to open/ close the panel
- Paste Artwork right click command for artist and genre pictures only (genre pictures need admin permissions to save the pictures)
- double click to play now supported
Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:47:40 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
looks good!  :)

nice addition to the range of MB layouts

thank you, redwing, for your suggestion
thank you, Steven, for your work on implementation
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Thanks for the constant improvement! Working great!

Would be useful if A-Z jump bar supports thumbnail browser when it has focus.

Noticed a weird bug. To reproduce:
- Show two columns of vertical column browser and thumbnail browser
- Select an item one by one from left to right
- Then go back and select another item in the middle column (second column of column browser). Then items in that column start disappearing with mouse-over.

<added>
OK, I realized it's not a bug per se. It happens because it's used as if it's a third column of column browser when it's not. But some handling would be needed for such usage.
Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:14:23 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
OK, I realized it's not a bug per se. It happens because it's used as if it's a third column of column browser when it's not. But some handling would be needed for such usage.
i tried following your steps and cant reproduce any incorrect behavior. I dont understand what you mean by the above, especially "used as if it's a third column". You only refer to 2 browser columns in your steps. If you mean the thumbnail browser as the 3rd column then selecting items in it shouldnt affect the other 2 columns - if thats what you are saying then there must be more steps involved than what has been said

Would be useful if A-Z jump bar supports thumbnail browser when it has focus.
when you click the a-z bar the previous control loses focus so i doubt i would implement that. You can already just press the first letter(s) in the panel to jump to an item
Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:22:08 PM by Steven

redwing

I meant two columns of column browser plus thumbnail browser, three columns in total.
It's like this: you select Beethoven for first column, Symphony for second column. Then select Karajan for thumbnail browser.
Then go back and select Piano Sonata for second column. But of course there's no Piano Sonata done by Karajan. So the selected item disappears. Then all other items in the second column start disappearing with mouse-over.

vivadavid

Very nice addition, Steven: thanks!

I don't know what people would think about it, but I'd prefer to have the total number of albums, rather than the total number of tracks (as consistent with the main papel when albums are grouped by artist).

Steven

• Administrator
i still cant reproduce any incorrect behavior. The thumbnail browser will update according to the files filtered by text search and items selected the column browsers. So I would expect the thumbnail browser to refresh if you changed the column browser selection but the new items shouldnt show only when you mouse over them ie. the new results should show straight away.
If you do have video recording capabilities then it would be helpful to see what you mean but otherwise i will leave this