Author Topic: Four skining questions and a bug  (Read 12305 times)

endeavour1934

I'm working on a skin but I have a few questions I'd like to ask:

- Panel.SectionHeader.Default is affecting these 2 elements. Is there any way to skin them separately?

- How can I skin the Modern Compact Player Progress Button?

- Panel.Body.Default bg is affecting these lines on the Library Explorer Tab panel. Is there any way to skin them separately?

- How can I make buttons on the preferences panel square? Now they are rounded :(

And one bug, I think. Buttons and text on the Main Player Flat Panel when docked on the bottom are not centered vertically:

They seem to be aligned correctly if you include the bottom frame (with the same color as the player). But if the frame has a different colour or the window is maximized then they look misaligned.

Thanks for helping :D

Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 06:36:09 PM by endeavour1934

endeavour1934

oh! And I almost forgot...

Any way to skin these lines in the Album&Tracks view in the Now Playing Panel?

redwing

- Panel.SectionHeader.Default is affecting these 2 elements. Is there any way to skin them separately?

Not possible yet. There's such a request in Skinning Requests thread.

- How can I skin the Modern Compact Player Progress Button?

That shares bg and bdr of Controls.Button.Default

- Panel.Body.Default bg is affecting these lines on the Library Explorer Tab panel. Is there any way to skin them separately?

there is no setting for this and i cant change it without affecting other skins
i have added for the next update
LibraryExplorerHeaderGap
default value 1, but you want to set it to 0

- How can I make buttons on the preferences panel square? Now they are rounded :(

I don't understand. Would you post a screenshot?

Not sure, but probably it's automated.
Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 06:55:13 PM by redwing

endeavour1934

Wow, thanks for all the fast replies! :D

PanelSectionHeader.Default is killing me :(

I don't understand. Would you post a screenshot?
I'm refering to the main buttons: Accept, Save, Cancel, etc.
They are all rounded, but I've seen some skins (sadly on xmlc) where they are square.  ???

redwing

I don't know. I have no experience working on bitmap skins. Other skinners will be able to help with you about that.

redwing

@endeavour1934:

Would you post the bug part on the Skinning Requests thread? Otherwise Steven won't be able to recall that when he's working on skinning next time.

Steven

• Administrator
using the default musicbee skin, on all settings i cannot get the player controls to be off centre for the modern layout. I dont plan to spend any more time looking at this unless you can point out the setting that makes it happen or perhaps it is something specifc to the skin you are using

endeavour1934

using the default musicbee skin, on all settings i cannot get the player controls to be off centre for the modern layout. I dont plan to spend any more time looking at this unless you can point out the setting that makes it happen or perhaps it is something specifc to the skin you are using
Still happening.

Here is a screenshot of it with the default skin, where you can see the settings and the version (2.2.5023)

Sigma

I asked about the off-centre controls in another thread yesterday.

This is what it looks like for me in the Pop Pink skin with slightly modified colours, although it looks identical to this (in terms of alignment) in the default skin as well: -

Compact player - Controls are centrally aligned (vertically) in the dark grey bar: -

Main player - Controls are not centrally aligned (too low): -

Basically, the alignment is the same as in the screenshots posted by the OP.

endeavour1934

I asked about the off-centre controls in another thread yesterday.

This is what it looks like for me in the Pop Pink skin with slightly modified colours, although it looks identical to this (in terms of alignment) in the default skin as well: -

Compact player - Controls are centrally aligned (vertically) in the dark grey bar: -
Main player - Controls are not centrally aligned (too low): -

Basically, the alignment is the same as in the screenshots posted by the OP.
Yes, that's exactly my problem. Perfectly aligned on compact player but too low on main player.

Steven

• Administrator
i thought you were refering to the alignment of the controls amongst themselves. The controls are intentionally lower than centre when the player bar is on top (as they are higher when its on the bottom). I will have a look at bringing it a bit closer to centre

Sigma

For me they're still lower then centre when the progress bar is on the bottom: -

Would screen resolution affect this? I'm using a 2,560 x 1,440 monitor.

But if you're talking about the alignment of the controls in relation to other controls, then with the main player, the volume bar is slightly out of line (a touch too low) with the speaker icon to the left of it, no matter where the progress bar is. With the compact player, it's fine.

Sigma

One other thing while we're discussing this....

When the program is maximised in main player view, there is a line a few pixels wide down the right side as highlighted by the arrow here: -

But there isn't one of those lines down the left side. I assume there should be. There isn't one at the bottom either, although I don't know if there's meant to be one there.

If I don't have the program maximised, I can see the grey line on the left, right and bottom edges, which is how it should be.

redwing

@endeavour1934:

About the square buttons, have a look at this thread to see if that's what you're looking for:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9955.0

redwing

fg of Content[AlbumAndTracks].ItemSeparatorLine can add a line just above that. But I can't find a way to change a color or remove the original line. Also bear in mind that the element above will draw a line between each track in Album and Tracks layout.