Author Topic: access to Multiple Artist Splitter entries  (Read 14617 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
with reference to the recent problem here
it would be less likely to cause problems and path conflicts if the items "Display Artist", "Guest Artist", "Performer" and "Remixer" were already available in the right-hand column here

without having to be defined here

just like "Album Artist Sort-Order", "Album Sort-Order", etc currently are
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
with reference to the recent problem here
it would be less likely to cause problems and path conflicts if the items "Display Artist", "Guest Artist", "Performer" and "Remixer" were already available in the right-hand column here

without having to be defined here

just like "Album Artist Sort-Order", "Album Sort-Order", etc currently are

+1

Since getting these to work as custom tags seems to be buggy otherwise, I think they need to be integrated into MusicBee so it knows what to do with them.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

Well scampbll, from the absence of +1's I'd have to conclude that you and I are the only ones trying to use those tags to their full extent or we're the only two finding them buggy  ;D 

C'est la vie  :)

mrad

I tried to understand why/when/how these are utilised for best effect, but I failed miserably so I couldn't add a vote :( I suspect others will be the same. Is there a wiki page on the uses? Or a tips page?

Bee-liever

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
@mrad, here's an example of how I use multiple artists:

Display Artist: Indigo Girls feat. P!nk
Artist: Indigo Girls
Guest Artist: P!nk
Performer: Emily Saliers
Performer: Amy Ray

I would like to be able to configure fields like Guest Artist and Performer as custom tags so that I can easily find out if a track is tagged correctly without digging into the Multiple Artist splitter for each individual track.  Also, I use Picard for tagging and it sometimes inserts values into the Performer field which need to be cleaned up.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Diederik

This is a nice suggestion. Considering that you can assign values to the tags <Guest Artist>, <Remixer>, and <Performer>, it was a bit odd for me to discover that they are not supported anywhere else in MusicBee. I would like to be able to select some of these fields for display in the main or playing track panel, so it would be nice if this could be implemented in some fashion.

Steven

• Administrator
they are supported in that the column browser, thumbnail browser and library explorer show them for searching/ filtering.
I will probably create a function so each role can be displayed separately via a virtual tag and also allow them to be handled in custom tags

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I will probably create a function so each role can be displayed separately via a virtual tag and also allow them to be handled in custom tags

This is the most exciting thing I've heard since being able to search the whole library.  Thank you!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
i have added support for the following tags:
Genres
Artists
Artists: Artist
Artists: Performer
Artists: Guest
Artists: Remixer

They can be used as any display/ filtering tag and are accessible in the Virtual Tags category for the right click field selector popups
Its in the next v2.3 update

Steven

• Administrator
this has the new tag codes as described above:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_3/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

for now i have put them codes under the Virtual Tags menu item in the fields selector but i plan to change the fields selector at some point so all fields are all accessible from the same popup

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Folks, don't install this yet if you've spent a lot of time setting Performer, etc.  [Fixed!]

@Steven, I can display the fields in the main panel, that works great.  But there's nothing in them.  All my multiple artist have reverted to "Artist".  If I try to change it, they change right back to Artist.  This happens with both MP3 and FLAC.  Here's a screenshot:

Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:02:35 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
yes i see it is not reading the roles. This should correct the error:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_3/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

however you would need to re-edit the roles for any files you saved with the tag editor

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's got it!  They showed up as soon as I started MB again.  Thanks for the quick fix!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

Steven, thank you very much  :)
This is greatly appreciated.