Author Topic: Option to copy files instead of moving them when sending to"Folder (Reorganize)"  (Read 5606 times)

h8mx

I like to keep my music files in two separate folders (one in the main files folder and another in the music library folder). Having the option to copy them instead of doing it manually before reorganizing would be great.

Steven

• Administrator

h8mx

its already there:
right click/ Send To/ Folder (Copy)
But that doesn't "reorganize" the file, it doesn't create the folder structure...

ild2

+1 from me!

i also requested this some time ago and it went forgotten, i actually came here to bump my thread ^_^

sometimes i just want to copy some files onto a usb-drive or an mp3-player and maybe reorganize them in the process. i could set up sync but it's not straight forward and not always possible.

Anti

> But that doesn't "reorganize" the file, it doesn't create the folder structure...

You want the right-click menu option to open up the 'file organiser' dialogue?
I'd be against that suggestion, since these two options currently provide two different functions.

What I would support is for the file organiser to have a choice between copy and move.
Currently it only supports moving.

ild2

What I would support is for the file organiser to have a choice between copy and move.

I think that is what h8mx suggested and what I also meant. File organiser should allow to either move or copy (pretty much like in foobar2000)

Anti

Ah yes, I see now - should have read the thread more closely.

+1 for that then: File organiser would be more flexible and safe with a copy option.

ma_t14

Steven

• Administrator
since the initial request was posted MB now has:
Send To/ Folder (Copy)/ Copy Files to Organised Folder

ma_t14

since the initial request was posted MB now has:
Send To/ Folder (Copy)/ Copy Files to Organised Folder

Sorry, I was looking for an option to copy in the file organizer window. Given that other program provide two options (move/copy) in the file organizer wouldn't it make sense to have that option in MusicBee as well? I mean it's already in the context menu, people will be looking for it in the file organizer window as well