Author Topic: Search in multiple places.  (Read 21267 times)

Steven

• Administrator
just a few changes and fixes done:
- now shows the node the file is located
- now takes the active layout from the current panel - you can still change the layout but on the next search it will again use the current layout
- it now automatically refreshes the search results
- i know there are still some bugs with it but please report them anyway and i will spend some more time enhancing it but i dont want to spend too much time on this feature though

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Using the icon for the node it's in is inspired!  Nice work.  :)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

- Some tracks have no node icon either in library and inbox node or in search results.
- How to sort tracks by node in search results?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
- Some tracks have no node icon either in library and inbox node or in search results.

I assumed that they were only supposed to have icons when in the search node.  That's certainly what I'd like; no point in having the icon while in only the one node.  So it looks like the bug is the other way around, to me.

Then MB creates a sub-node with the title of the search query under the node.

I'm really happy with the Search node disappearing when not in use, and it seems like this would defeat that.  I would hope it could be saved in the search drop menu instead.
Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:15:01 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

I assumed that they were only supposed to have icons when in the search node.  That's certainly what I'd like; no point in having the icon while in only the one node.  So it looks like the bug is the other way around, to me.

I agree.

Then MB creates a sub-node with the title of the search query under the node.

I'm really happy with the Search node disappearing when not in use, and it seems like this would defeat that.  I would hope it could be saved in the search drop menu instead.

Maybe the Search Results node, along with its sub-nodes collapsed, can appear only when the search box has input focus.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

- it should now maintain state for the search results separately for each tab
- display bugs with the source node icon should be fixed
- still to be done, the left panel right click options for the search results

@redwing, i want to keep this as a simple thing where it only shows one search results node. As to sorting by node type, i probably wont implement that

redwing

@redwing, i want to keep this as a simple thing where it only shows one search results node. As to sorting by node type, i probably wont implement that

No problem. Still this is a great improvement.

HHM

A great new feature!
What would be a nice convenience is a hotkey to switch results to both search modes.

HHM

Also would be nice if searching entire library had always the same sorting pattern, not depending on the playlist we're currently in.

I see a quite simple solution here. Or even 2:
1. "entire library" search should have the same panel settings (view, column, sorting) as "Music" panel
or
2.With the very first search of "entire library"  rules  could be set (columns, sorting) and remembered. This of course could be changed anytime.

This + a hotkey for nodes switching would be a nice improvement.
Also from my point of view this would make going to Music panel redundant. I'd be happy with it, as loading my Music panel causes frequent freezing issues (over 90 000 tracks in library).

Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:46:23 AM by HHM

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Here's what appears to be a big bug: custom search will only search in the current node, even if entire library is selected.

On the "not a bug" side, I love the fact that you can leave the search node and return to it!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Here's what appears to be a big bug: custom search will only search in the current node, even if entire library is selected.
yes you are right about that and its corrected for the next v2.2 update.
I have taken this opportunity to change the way custom searches work generally, along with middle mouse button clicking on a field. Before the current tab was filtered "in-place" and you had to click the back button to go back to the unfiltered screen. Now MB opens a "Search Results" node showing the filtered results - the Search Results stays open (unless you close that node).
For text searches, the implmentation is unchanged ie. when the current node only is to be searched (the default), the filtered results show in-place, and when the entire library is to be searched the results show in the "Search Results" node.
Also changed is the Local/ Entire Library setting can be toggled by hotkey and the setting is applied and saved independently for each tab

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have taken this opportunity to change the way custom searches work generally, along with middle mouse button clicking on a field. Before the current tab was filtered "in-place" and you had to click the back button to go back to the unfiltered screen. Now MB opens a "Search Results" node showing the filtered results - the Search Results stays open (unless you close that node).

Thanks for the fix!

Am I understanding correctly that this means you could get midlle-click (or album & tracks/now playing panel ckick-through) results from Audiobooks or the Inbox now?  If so, OMG I could kiss you.  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
its still in progress - the left navigator right click for "Search Results" is still not done, but if you want to try it out
http://www.mediafire.com/?2478j0vlmgyjx44

HHM

and how about hotkey  - maybe using a tab (or tab + enter to select) to switch nodes would be an easy solution?
then tab could be used to toggle between other search options (all fields / artist etc)

Steven

• Administrator
as mentioned in my previous post, a hotkey to toggle current node/ entire library is already done