Author Topic: Countries Flags  (Read 46530 times)

redwing

I think now it's time to change the behavior when the user's clicking on <highlight> column header from opening highlight settings dialog to sorting tracks with the same images and colors. The order of images and colors should, I guess, follow the order of rules.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think now it's time to change the behavior when the user's clicking on <highlight> column header from opening highlight settings dialog to sorting tracks with the same images and colors. The order of images and colors should, I guess, follow the order of rules.

+1, at least as alternative to being able to filter by highlighting rules.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
highlighting is quite different to normal fields and sorting by that is quite difficult - thats the reason its not done already

this version contains the fix for displaying the icon in the Album & Tracks layout when fields are below the artwork
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If this is really complicated I can live without it, but it occurs to me that with icons it would be possible to show ALL highlighting matches for a track, rather than just the first one.  (If I had to choose between this and sorting/filtering by highlight... it'd be tough, but I'd probably go with this one.  In a perfect world, one could filter depending on which icon you clicked, but I can't imagine what it would take to implement that.)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

highlighting is quite different to normal fields and sorting by that is quite difficult - thats the reason its not done already

Isn't this just sorting tracks by bunch of auto-playlists? It might take a little longer to sort than normal fields, but not sure why it's so complicated.

- Place the tracks at the top that correspond to the conditions of <rule 1>
- For the rest, place the tracks at the top that correspond to the conditions of <rule 2>
- For the rest, place the tracks at the top that correspond to the conditions of <rule 3>

ThY

Hello there, it seems that i missed the warnings for new answers on this topic ><
Anyway, i'm very glad that my first idea came to Zak's one, then to Steven's patches.

Very great, i'm gonna check it out asap !

lnminente

+1. I understand it is more difficult here than the other fields, but would be great doing it consistent. So +1 for sorting by clicking in header and +a to filtering when middleclicking in a color or an icon

9cupsoftea

Rather than being flag specific, a more general implementation of matching images to tag values would meet the OP's request and allow for other uses too.

Random examples:

* icons to distinguish between albums and singles
* icons for occasion (party hat for "Party", Cake for "Birthday", Christmas tree for "Christmas", pumpkin for "Halloween" etc.)
* a little frowny face for low bitrate files

I just realised it might not be as difficult to implement this as I first thought. It just requires an update to the existing Highlighting feature to allow for images as well as colours.

+1
This is a brilliant idea, allowing for all kinds of creative ways to highlight different groups of tracks with images.

+1 I'd really like this too, and can think of more than a few ways I would use it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1 I'd really like this too, and can think of more than a few ways I would use it.

It's already been implemented.  Just download the 2.2 pre-release from the Beta forum.  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

ThY

Hello, i wanted to share the flag icons i made for my own use.
Files are PNG named in french, there are not all the countries, only the ones i needed, and sometimes there are duo-flags, for some artists like AC/DC (who is part australian and english), as i said only for what i needed ;)

Link to the .ZIP

Here is what it looks like for me:

And the options:

For the options though, i have an issue.
The icons are so numerous that the windows go off the screen, a scrollbar should be implemented i guess ^^
Because it's impossible to reach the bottom lines.

Beside that, any chance that those highlight icons will be displayable on "now playing track" window and/or compact mode info window ?
Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 07:44:52 PM by ThY

Stockinger

SimonBRT

yeah, thanks Thy!

Don't personally use this feature but always great to see someone take the time to share something that could benefit others.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm going to link these from the wiki.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)