Author Topic: Countries Flags  (Read 46536 times)

Steven

• Administrator
yes good suggestion zak as i was wondering how to do this in a more general way. It would only display in the main panel though.
Its a little rough still - to remove an existing assigned you need to re-click on the colour block in the rule editing dialog as right click/ Remove is not implemented as yet

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Antonski

Good!
It works as a column Highlights, but it doesn't when the field is displayed below artwork, where I would actually like to see it.
Maybe it wouldn't be so difficult to add it?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Cool!

Added:
I'm not gonna put the effort into flags, at least not now, but I just realized this will let me get rid of a bunch of my filters because I can see what I'm looking for at a glance.  Mind = blown.

Nice work, Steven!  You keep making these feature that I don't realize I need until I have them.  :)

You may be on this already, but things that occurred to me as I was working with them: auto-size columns will need to leave space for icons, and the highlight column should respect alignment settings with regard to icons, too.

Added (again):  You know what else would be mind-blowingly awesome?  Being able to middle-click on a highlight to filter, just like for other fields.  Then the highlighting rules could double as temporary filters.
Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:15:25 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ma_t14

While we are at it can middle clicking be implemented for the check-box field as well? It would make playlists and whatnot based on check-boxes much easier and faster to create

Steven

• Administrator
While we are at it can middle clicking be implemented for the check-box field as well? It would make playlists and whatnot based on check-boxes much easier and faster to create
i am not understanding exactly what you are asking for - what checkbox are you refering to?

Thorbjorn

It works great. I have two wishes though:
1) Would be great it it was possible to select a file with the same name as the tag. That way we don't have to set up 200 individual filters to display the flags. I'm sure that could be useful for other tags as well.
2) Possible to display with the album artwork.

Steven

• Administrator
It works great. I have two wishes though:
1) Would be great it it was possible to select a file with the same name as the tag. That way we don't have to set up 200 individual filters to display the flags. I'm sure that could be useful for other tags as well.
2) Possible to display with the album artwork.
i dont think the solution is actually a good one for the original request but its a better general solution. I might revisit this but it probably will be left as-is
for 2, i'll have a look at that but i expect you and Antonski will be wanting to merge it in with text rather than being a separate line which compilcates things. If i do this change it would be along the lines that the icon would need to be at the start of the text

Steven

• Administrator
this version supports showing field <Highlight> as the first field of a virtual tag in the picture area for Album & Tracks layout only - you can include text or other fields in the virtual tag but <Highlight> needs to be first

I will do the artwork layout and include it in the field combobox next time

vivadavid

I didn't know about the highlight feature and, after thinking about it for some time about how useful it could be to me, I'm going to use it to display a blue square if I haven't played a song at least once.

I wanted to ask something, though: is the play count stored in a particular file? I'd like to keep a backup of it, the same way that I keep a backup of MusicBeeSettings.ini, Banned Pictures.dat, etc.

Thanks!

Antonski

this version supports showing field <Highlight> as the first field of a virtual tag in the picture area for Album & Tracks layout only - you can include text or other fields in the virtual tag but <Highlight> needs to be first

I will do the artwork layout and include it in the field combobox next time

I didn't even dare to ask you for possibility to include it in virtual tags :)
Currently the virtual tag with <Highlight> is left aligned when displayed in a field below the artwork, with a big space between the icon and the text, although I set the virtual tag alignment as 'middle' in the Fields Layout Editor.
Maybe this needs some refinement?

Zak

• Global Moderator
I wanted to ask something, though: is the play count stored in a particular file? I'd like to keep a backup of it, the same way that I keep a backup of MusicBeeSettings.ini, Banned Pictures.dat, etc.
They're stored in the MusicBeeLibrary.mbl database file along with any other non-tag values MusicBee needs to remember for each track.
That file is in the folder where you created your library.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
I didn't even dare to ask you for possibility to include it in virtual tags :)
Currently the virtual tag with <Highlight> is left aligned when displayed in a field below the artwork, with a big space between the icon and the text, although I set the virtual tag alignment as 'middle' in the Fields Layout Editor.
Maybe this needs some refinement?
i didnt check for when fields are below the artwork and now you say this, it would be what happens so i will address that for the next update