Author Topic: Three little suggestions  (Read 3878 times)

vivadavid

I’d like to make three little suggestions (they came up while testing the new features of the Download Tool).

1. It’d save some time if, being on the main view of MB displaying all the artist pictures, we could press a letter and go to the first artist beginning with this letter. Here, I press M to go the Spanish group Mecano and nothing happens:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17615125/foros/Musicbee/letter.png

2. Would it be possible to select and copy the tag info both on the Playing Track tab and on the Details tab? In the following example, the name of the artist is short and simple, but in those cases where the name is longer and harder to write, it’d save some time if we want, for example, to Google it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17615125/foros/Musicbee/select.png

The only problem I see, in the Details tab, is that this would interfere with clicking on album and artist.

3. Which leads me to my third little request. It’d look more elegant if the underline on album and artist, on the Details tab, only affected the actual album and artist and not the names of the tags (see image above).

Thanks for considering these little changes.

Pingaware

I’d like to make three little suggestions (they came up while testing the new features of the Download Tool).

1. It’d save some time if, being on the main view of MB displaying all the artist pictures, we could press a letter and go to the first artist beginning with this letter. Here, I press M to go the Spanish group Mecano and nothing happens:

This already happens. Are you sure you're focused on the main window when you type? It won't go to the artist otherwise.
Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:54:15 PM by Pingaware
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

vivadavid

Yes: I'm focused.

I've just tried again, having switched to group by album and sort by album, and it works.

This morning, whenever I chose a particular letter, MB always scrolled back to my first artist. Now, after switching to album view and back to artist view, it's working erratically. Sometimes it moves to the right artist; some other times, it moves to the wrong artist, I press the letter once or several times and it does it correctly; and some other times, no matter how many times I press the letter, it stays where it is.

Zak

• Global Moderator
2. Would it be possible to select and copy the tag info both on the Playing Track tab and on the Details tab? In the following example, the name of the artist is short and simple, but in those cases where the name is longer and harder to write, it’d save some time if we want, for example, to Google it.
For the sake of the example, to quickly Google the playing track add the path to your browser as an External Application (Edit > Preferences > Tools) with the following as the parameter:

"https://www.google.com/search?q=<Artist> <Title>"
Bee excellent to each other...

vivadavid

Thank you, Zak, but I don't understand how to do that and, in any case, Googling was just an example. I can think of situations where it'd practical to be able to select and copy.

mrad

I can think of situations where it'd practical to be able to select and copy.

Yeah, I currently right click edit a track to be able to use copy/paste of tag info, but I know what you mean. There are many fields that are locked away from using copy/paste - I think it's down to the type of control being used.
Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:43:04 PM by mrad

Zak

• Global Moderator
I can think of situations where it'd practical to be able to select and copy.
You can also assign a hotkey to Send to > Clipboard (now playing) and customise which tags get copied (Edit > Preferences > Tags (2) > 'send to clipboard' tags).

It's still not quite what you've asked for, but might be useful in the meantime.
Bee excellent to each other...

vivadavid

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, Zak and mrad :-)