Author Topic: Improvements for Album and Tracks view with list heading  (Read 50778 times)

vivadavid

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
BTW it doesn't work with the display first few tracks only option enabled. Is that planned or an over-sight?
it was intentional on the basis that it was probably going to complicate things and i thought the new setting would take extra space so go against that option but will investigate it if there is a wish for it.

I agree that when the album is collapsed there's no point in having the sub header, but would like to be able to see them when displaying the whole thing (by clicking "X more files").
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm having the same problem with the contrast setting for the new subheading as I have for the album details in this view - when I change the contrast, the text gets darker rather than lighter (sort of like the default black text is showing through, rather than the background color of the skin).
if you are refering only to when you use the skin override element, then that is fixed for the next v2.2 update. In the interim if you set the bg attribute of that element to the same colour as the background it should work

This was fixed perfectly for the subheader, but the album info still does not respond to contrast settings in "customize panel settings".

The main reason I was looking through this thread again was to refresh my memory on the discussion about gaps.  I'm still not clear if there was a firm outcome, so please forgive me if this has already been decided against.

Basically, I'm hoping the number of blank lines at the end of a grouping can be reduced by 1.  In the current situation, when going from a track with a subheader to one without you get this:

Track 1
Subheader
Track 2
<blank line>
Track 3

If you check the option to put a blank line before the subheader, you get this:

Track 1
<blank line>
Subheader
Track 2
<blank line>
<blank line>
Track 3

What I'm asking for would mean that if there's no gap before the subheader, there's also no gap if the subheader goes away, whereas checking the blank line option creates only one line above and below.  There should still be a gap in cases of disc change, regardless of whether there's a subheader or not.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
there should be no blank line between track 2 and 3 (assuming they are in the same sub-group) unless the disc number has changed. A screenshot might help see why

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Here you go:

This is Search node, but it's the same in Music.

assuming they are in the same sub-group

Ah, I think we mutually missed something for a moment.  I'm interested in when changing between something that has a group and something that doesn't.
Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:00:07 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
so should the sub-header for "Perfect" be blank, the same as for "You Oughta Know" or is it simply not displaying?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
so should the sub-header for "Perfect" be blank, the same as for "You Oughta Know" or is it simply not displaying?

It's supposed to be blank.  See my edit above.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
ok, understood and i have made a tweak for the next v2.2 update so it doesnt put in the extra blank line in that case

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You rock!  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Looks much better!  More symmetrical.  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So, another thing that comes up with the subheader is that in a skin with contrasting Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Default, normally the first item in the list has the contrast color, but with a subheader it skips the contrast color and goes to the base color.  Could it be changed so that the first item under a subheader starts with the contrast color, just like the first item in a new album?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Pingaware

Could it be changed so that the first item under a subheader starts with the contrast color, just like the first item in a new album?

+1. Really think it would help the look of the feature.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
i did have a look at this but its not as straight-forward as it might seem so i didnt want to change things for this release

Pingaware

That's cool Steven. It's not exactly a major thing that I'm going to be waiting for with bated breath, so I'm happy to wait for if and when you have the time.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.