Author Topic: Improvements for Album and Tracks view with list heading  (Read 50742 times)

beeing good

Steven

• Administrator
this should fix the contrast issue and clicking the sub-header selecting the wrong files for certain setttings:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

ma_t14

Is there any way to change the alignment of a tag that is used as a column in the main view?

I am asking this because with the current implementation if you have the fields to be displayed under the artwork the subheading looks a bit better in the regard track numbers appear slightly more inwards than the subheading text itself.

On the other hand if you have have the fields appear on the right of artwork the subheading and track numbers are effectively aligned, which is not as pleasing visually

If there was a way to change the alignment of  the track no. column from left-aligned to right-aligned you will be able to change the alignment between the subheading and the tags manually. On the other hand it seems as if the track no. acts as a column for the subheading as well so not sure if this idea would solve the problem.
Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:52:13 PM by ma_t14

redwing

You can use this trick for that as well.

1. Go to Preferences> Layout (1)> Configure Fields
2. Pick up a field you will most likely never use. My selection was "keywords" field.
3. Rename the field to anything you like. I just made it blank.
4. Add the field to main panel and position it at the beginning of column header.
5. Now you can (1) sort by "group by" field by clicking on the column and (2) resize left margin of track list by adjusting the column.

Steven

• Administrator
@ma_t14,
i will wait for others comments but i am happy to indent the sub-header to the left when fields are displayed on the right. Its an oversight that its not consistent. I want to avoid adding more options

this fixes a couple of bugs when using album & tracks layout on the now playing right sidebar and sizing of artwork in the album and tracks main panel:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

ma_t14

You can use this trick for that as well.

1. Go to Preferences> Layout (1)> Configure Fields
2. Pick up a field you will most likely never use. My selection was "keywords" field.
3. Rename the field to anything you like. I just made it blank.
4. Add the field to main panel and position it at the beginning of column header.
5. Now you can (1) sort by "group by" field by clicking on the column and (2) resize left margin of track list by adjusting the column.

Actually that's a pretty good idea, thanks!

@Steven

I will use what redwing proposed and unless you feel some change is needed regarding the alignment I am completely fine with the current solution.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Don't forget that you can use the Configure Fields pop-up from Layout (1) to change the alignment of any column.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ma_t14

Don't forget that you can use the Configure Fields pop-up from Layout (1) to change the alignment of any column.

Thank you! That's what I was looking for originally. It works perfectly, so I guess my question has been answered completely (in more ways than one and that's why I love MB :P )

beeing good

Slightly off topic but can someone help with this tag?

$IsNull(<Disc Title>,,<Disc Title>" - ")$IsNull(<Comment>,,<Comment>)

It works perfectly except the " - " part, if it only has a disc title and no comment then it shows the ' - ' but it shouldn't.

Thorbjorn

You have to nest them. Something like this:
$IsNull(<Disc Title>,$IsNull(<Comment>,,<Comment>),$IsNull(<Comment>,<Disc Title>,<Disc Title> - <Comment>))

I'm not at home so I can't test it.

beeing good

Thanks mrad, I did try that but if there is only a comment and no disc title then it still displays an erroneous ' - '.

Thorbjorn, that seems to be working exactly as wanted. Many thanks.

mrad

[Sorry, I was still editing - to get this final simplified version]

It works perfectly except the " - " part, if it only has a disc title and no comment then it shows the ' - ' but it shouldn't.
or perhaps move the (" - ") like so ...
change ...
$IsNull(<Disc Title>,,<Disc Title>" - ")$IsNull(<Comment>,,<Comment>)
to ...
$IsNull(<Disc Title>,,<Disc Title>)$IsNull(<Comment>,," - "<Comment>)
so that the " - " is appended only when there *is* a comment to display. However, if <Disc Title> is null and a <Comment> exists, then the " - " will display first.

So, the following expands further on your original to consider an empty <Disk Title> ...
$IsNull(<Disc Title>,,<Disc Title>)$IsNull(<Comment>,,$IsNull(<Disc Title>,," - ")<Comment>)

Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:16:54 PM by mrad

beeing good

Thank you mrad, I knew I would have to put another IsNull in there somewhere but I couldn't work out where it needed to go.

vivadavid

Hello, I’ve just found a problem. I’d really appreciate somebody’s help.

I have an album consisting of two CDs:

CD 1: tracks 1-25.
CD 2: tracks 26-38.

These tracks correspond to different films:

My girl Tisa: tracks 1-9.
South of St. Louis: tracks 10-25.
Cloak And Dagger: track 26.
Distant Drums: tracks 27-28.

I have used the tags DISCNUMBER (with values 1 or 2) and GROUPING.

And this is what I’ve got. Here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17615125/foros/Musicbee/missing_track1.png

And here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17615125/foros/Musicbee/missing_track2.png

As you can see, some tracks are missing, those corresponding to the first track after a subheader (1, 10, 26, 27).

Also, I can’t remember if I was supposed to have "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" displayed orif the DISCNUMBER tag only creates an empty line.

Thanks!

redwing

Not sure what's going on there, but the status bar says those tracks are indeed 34 only.
Now try the following:
Turn off track browser, switch to track details layout, and sort by album. How many tracks are listed under that album?
If that's still 34, what's your grouping setting for album under Preferences> Sorting/Grouping?