Author Topic: [Feature Wish] Folder name Thumbnail view column options  (Read 2104 times)

MTOakey

• Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
Not really sure what to call it ...

So, after much consternation and discussion, I am humbly asking for the option/ability to have the "Folder name" thumbnail view column choose the "Folder.jpg" in the folder as it's art for presentation wherever it is. {I think that is the only place it is}

This would negate the necessity of having to have a "blank".mp3 {with my chosen art embedded} in each folder, to be able to see the customized art I have chosen to see instead of the art of the first song in a folder.

Because, what happens with having a "blank".mp3 is, it creates an entry of a "song" where there really is not one, clogging up the "Tracks" window, among other things.

I had mentioned before in the discussion, something like "IF there is folder.jpg, THEN show, ELSE, {whatever}" I'm thinking either just a 1 check box, or 2 -3 options with check boxes.
Certainly not sure how that would work within the constraints of your programming language for MB...
???

ALSO, within the same realm, at the top of the "Folder name" column is an item named "ALL"... is there any way to make that become the name of the actual folder where all the music resides, and have it display the "folder.jpg" associated with that folder {by folder.jpg within the folder or by folders customized icon} ???

Thank You for such a great Application !!!

redwing

You can override the folder thumb for all items by using a skin element:

Code
<element id="UnknownGenre">Add Base64 code here for an 128px image</element>

MTOakey

1st. How come I didn't get an email announcing the fact of a reply here? Did I miss a checkbox in the Prefs somewhere ??

And "B", umm, where would I put that code, what would I put in lieu of "Add Base64 code here for an 128px image" , and what image will this produce /where ???

I'm all for it if it corrects any of MY issues ...  :-)

MTOakey

Ah, I see ...
After reading more about this and playing with it for a bit, I have found that it will NOT help me, but Thank You very much for the offer... I was hopeful.

redwing

ALSO, within the same realm, at the top of the "Folder name" column is an item named "ALL"... is there any way to make that become the name of the actual folder where all the music resides, and have it display the "folder.jpg" associated with that folder {by folder.jpg within the folder or by folders customized icon} ???

Didn't you request this? If you convert your own "folder.jpg" to Base64 code and add it to the skin, the top icon will show the image.