Author Topic: moving items in playlists like in Winamp  (Read 8755 times)

HHM

If you want to move an object in playlist in Winamp, dragging it to up/bottom of the playlist causes a slow scroll (like in MusicBee). However, if you drag it a little bit more, scrolling accelerates and you can go to end/beginning/any distant part of a playlist quickly.

This is very convenient and I think would be useful in MB as well :)

cheers!
Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:14:16 PM by HHM

HHM

bump this thread. it would really approve managing big playlists!

mrad

+1.

There may be a programmatic issue with this. Therefore, alternatively...

How about the capability to open an Ok/Cancel message box to enter a playlist row # value... when ok [enter] is pressed, move selected item(s) in the existing order to the playlist # item row that was entered and renumber the other rows accordingly? Would be quicker than mouse drag.
Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:24:02 PM by mrad

Zak

• Global Moderator
How about the capability to open an Ok/Cancel message box to enter a playlist row # value...
How would you know what position number to type into the box?   ???
Bee excellent to each other...

mrad

How about the capability to open an Ok/Cancel message box to enter a playlist row # value...
How would you know what position number to type into the box?   ???
You would simply scroll to find the destination position and # number
Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 05:30:28 PM by mrad

Zak

• Global Moderator
Yeah, but if you were already scrolling to find out the correct (off-screen) number, why not just drag the file there in the first place?

mrad

Yeah, but if you were already scrolling to find out the correct (off-screen) number, why not just drag the file there in the first place?
Good question @Zak. Think of my idea like the "Goto Line #" function in a text editor.
Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 05:26:54 PM by mrad

Zak

• Global Moderator
Not disagreeing that there are faster ways to move tracks, but it only helps in the very specific scenario of changing the order of a playlist with 100s of tracks in it. Are there enough people doing that on a regular basis to warrant the time to implement the other methods?

mrad

but it only helps in the very specific scenario of changing the order of a playlist with 100s of tracks in it. Are there enough people doing that on a regular basis to warrant the time to implement the other methods?

Forgive me, I wouldn't consider changing tracks around a playlist any more of a "very specific scenario" than doing many other operations that MB facilitates. Indeed, IMHO, as a music manager, dragging and rearranging playlist items with only 50 items is right up there with being a function in your face.

Fact is, you're the only one on this thread in the last 24 hours.

Conclusion, I dunno... this was +1'ed by 5 people, but hey, maybe you're right @Zak

Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 05:25:06 PM by mrad

HHM

I won't insist if it's a difficult programmistic issue (I know nothing about it). But if not, is see no reason not to add this scrolling 'acceleration'.