Author Topic: Playlists in 2.2  (Read 18865 times)

mrad

It still seems counter intuitive to export by ...
navigating the list sub menu > export, wait for a dialog > navigate to the desktop, then click "ok"
rather than a simple drag drop. Specially given one may drag drop a music file to the desktop without issue.
Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:25:55 PM by mrad

ma_t14

Being able to multi-select playlists and export in bulk would solve most of the problems in my opinion

It still seems counter intuitive to export by ...
navigating the list sub menu > export, wait for a dialog > navigate to the desktop, then click "ok"
rather than a simple drag drop. Specially given one may drag drop a music file to the desktop without issue.

Steven has already said that this cannot be implemented. I doubt that anything has changed since then  ::)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Being able to multi-select playlists and export in bulk would solve most of the problems in my opinion

+1.  Bulk delete too!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Darwin4Ever

Being able to multi-select playlists and export in bulk would solve most of the problems in my

In one of the Nightly Builds (2.2.5002), there was an option to create automatically an M3U for all playlists.
But that option seems to be removed again
Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:58:25 PM by wquatan

redwing

In one of the Nightly Builds (2.2.5002), there was an option to create automatically an M3U for all playlists.
But that option seems to be removed again

It's still there (2.2.5008). Try updating your MB to the latest v 2.2 patch.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update

Darwin4Ever

It's still there (2.2.5008).

Negative, just installed 5008, and as in 5007, it's not there anymore (Preferences/Library)

redwing

It's still there (2.2.5008).

Negative, just installed 5008, and as in 5007, it's not there anymore (Preferences/Library)

I don't know what settings you saw before, but I can see users can select "m3u" format for "library playlists" with 2.2.5008.

Darwin4Ever

I don't know what settings you saw before, but I can see users can select "m3u" format for "library playlists" with 2.2.5008.

The setting I was talking about :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7uru1qiceeyry7/MusicBee_2.2.5002_PlaylistSettings.jpg

I know, in the meanwhile it's possible to select M3U as Playlist-Format, but the option was still of use :one could select M3U as as Playlist-format (which is always with a full path) and an exported relative M3U (or any other of the available formats)

Darwin4Ever

Related to my earlier post :

Some reasons why I have to continue using EAC for ripping to FLAC (which I regret) :
1) Only embedded CUE-list is created, which isn't supported by the majority of programs
2) After exporting (with CUEtools) the CUE from the FLAC, there is a difference in the pre-gap information with those out of EAC, example : https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2yumgq5azly93z/MusicBee_2.2.5007_Flactest.jpg

In the knowledge MusicBee cannot have all the features of MP3TAG, MP3TAG is needed because it's not possible in MusicBee to do a multiple rename of files (despite the multi-change of common tags is possible)
Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 03:55:19 PM by wquatan

Camaud

Just use MB to listen to music. Why need other software ? MB has all you need,it's free and keeps your PC running fast without having to install other programs that do the same : listen to music. Like to have the developers spend their time on other topics or in expanding functionalities for MB Remote.

Darwin4Ever

Just use MB to listen to music. Why need other software ? MB has all you need,it's free and keeps your PC running fast without having to install other programs that do the same : listen to music. Like to have the developers spend their time on other topics or in expanding functionalities for MB Remote.
IMHO, above is even not worth replying to, but can't resist to do as such.
If only "listen to music" is important, MB is not needed, any musicplayer does the job. As does any radio, cd-player, a.s.o.
MB, a great job of Steven, offers a total digital solution, but as soon one aims perfection in building up a digital loss-less archive, a digital MP3 archive and the related library of a complete CD-collection (and I'm not talking about 100 CD's), there are still some issues.
Similar short-sighted thinking I would say that "MB Remote" is not needed in MB, maybe there are even faster, smaller musicplayers around who do that, when only "listen to music" and "MB Remote" are needed. Maybe even a CD-player with a remote control would do that job.

Camaud

I think I was not clear enough. I have ± 2400 CD's stored on a NAS. With MB I organize them, and change tags and everything. It's much easier and faster than searching through my CD-collection and play them on my CD-player.
That's what I meant by 'just playing music'. And that's why I don't understand why people want to create playlists from MB to be able to read them with other software. Just use the playlist format that Steven developed.

With MB Remote, I handle my NAS to shuffle through the ± 29000 songs that are on my harddisk. So I don't mind if some development on the MB Remote is done.

What else is MB anyway : if you have a big collection of music, and you want 'just play music', you need a music manager. And MB just offers all you need. Why else do you have a music collection ? I have it to listen to music and get it organized well. And MB does the job perfectly. No need for other software.

At last : Steven did a great job and created a wonderful program. I used several music managers, but finally MB is the best.

Zak

• Global Moderator
And that's why I don't understand why people want to create playlists from MB to be able to read them with other software. Just use the playlist format that Steven developed.
There's lots of reasons to use plain-text playlists.

* If you change the location where your files are stored you can open a playlist in a text editor and do a search and replace to change "C:\MyOldMusicFolder" to "D:\MyNewMusicFolder".
* If files change often, leaving "gaps" in your playlists, you can use playlist checking programs (such as the previously mentioned ListFix) to more easily identify and correct missing tracks.
* Some people might want to create playlists in MusicBee but play them in a dedicated player program like AIMP.

...And MB just offers all you need.

...No need for other software.
Er... no. MusicBee just offers all you need, but I don't understand how you can so readily dismiss the idea that other people might work differently.

* I can tag new files about ten times faster in Mp3tag than I can in MusicBee.
* I can find high quality artwork much faster in Firefox than I can in MusicBee.
* I can organise files faster and more precisely with a dual-pane file explorer than I can in MusicBee.

Sure, I can do all of those things in MusicBee, but as long as it takes much longer I'll keep using those other programs as well.
Bee excellent to each other...

mrad

There's lots of reasons to use plain-text playlists.

* If you change the location where your files are stored you can open a playlist in a text editor and do a search and replace to change "C:\MyOldMusicFolder" to "D:\MyNewMusicFolder".
Exactly the use scenario where I was coming from. And I do *not* accept it is impossible for desktop drag, so don't even go there ::)

* I can find high quality artwork much faster in Firefox than I can in MusicBee.

Sure, I can do all of those things in MusicBee, but as long as it takes much longer I'll keep using those other programs as well.
I couldn't agree more. Now, I've seen you hand out a nice external app recommendation, so I thought I would give one back to you ...

faster and better than firefox for artwork is without a shadow of a doubt (drum roll)... [ Album Art Downloader ] And guess what, yes. it supports drag and drop :D

HTH
Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:21:09 PM by mrad

Zak

• Global Moderator
Thanks. I tried Album Art Downloader way back at v0.4 but never stuck with it.  :)
I just tried the latest one for a couple of albums but still find it a bit hit and miss as to which sizes and quality it can find.

If Album Art Exchange was one of the sources I might use it with Mp3tag. Hmm... I should try to make a script for it myself next week.
Bee excellent to each other...