Author Topic: Remember playback position' flag default  (Read 9456 times)

Dr_IT

I want to remember the position of every separate track i play. After searching in this forum i saw a solution for this:
"if you dont use the audio-books node then the other alternative is to the set 'remember playback position' flag (using the tag editor/settings tab) for your audio-books"

But this only works after setting is separately for every single track. Also when new tracks are added it has to been done again for these new tracks.
Is it possible to make this a default setting somewhere, so that every newly added/played track will have this option set?

Zak

• Global Moderator
I want to remember the position of every separate track i play.
Out of curiosity: Why?

It makes perfect sense for audio books and podcasts, but why would you want songs to start anywhere but at the beginning?
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
@Dr_IT, just in case you are not aware: there is a setting to resume position in the Player settings. Of course that only applies to the playing song when you exit MB and not to all songs.

Dr_IT

I want to remember the position of every separate track i play.
Out of curiosity: Why?

It makes perfect sense for audio books and podcasts, but why would you want songs to start anywhere but at the beginning?

I listen to a lot of different tracks (mostly only once). Most of them are livesets which have a duration of more than an hour. So when i want to switch to another set (when i want a different genre) or on the next day, it would be nice to not have to start at the beginning of that track, but where i left off the last time i played it.

Dr_IT

@Dr_IT, just in case you are not aware: there is a setting to resume position in the Player settings. Of course that only applies to the playing song when you exit MB and not to all songs.

Yes i am aware of this, but as you said that only works on current played track. If i start another the next day it is completely forgotten where i left off the last time on the played track(s)...
Even worse with this option if i double click on the last played song (which shows in progress bar the correctly last position), it starts from the beginning. So you have to press play, or everything will be lost and not a way to get back where you were last time...

Dr_IT

Can i conclude form the responses so far that at this moment there is no way for me to let this be the default setting?
So also not by adjusting a config file or plugin or something?

Does this then also mean it has to be developed in the main program? If so can i make a request for it somewhere?

Zak

• Global Moderator
Can i conclude form the responses so far that at this moment there is no way for me to let this be the default setting?
So also not by adjusting a config file or plugin or something?

Does this then also mean it has to be developed in the main program? If so can i make a request for it somewhere?
Correct, correct, correct and yes, in the Wishlist forum.

But seeing as your initial question is already worded as a request, I'll just move this thread to make it easier.
Bee excellent to each other...

Bush

I would like this too. Maybe an option to enable it per genre tag etc

Zeus

I'd also like an option to remember playback positions by default.

Half the podcasts I listen to don't use the "Podcast" genre tag, so if here was a way for MusicBee to resume everything regardless of ID3 tags, that'd be a big help. :)

simshaun

Hi. Sorry if it's bad form to resurrect an old thread like this, but this is what came up in Google when I was searching for this functionality.

I've written (an admittedly simple) plugin that handles this.

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=27654.0