Author Topic: Matching images for soundtracks  (Read 110733 times)

dylstew

Yes! this sounds like a nice feature to have. I have a seperate library for game soundtracks :3

redwing

Is this working correctly? MB shows movie pictures correctly, but fails to save pictures on the specified folder. Just checked my pictures folder, and it seems it's broken a while ago. Or am I missing some changes of this feature? Also it sometimes displays "no match found" for artwork downloader dialog when it successfully fetches and shows multiple images correctly.

Steven

• Administrator
@redwing, please when you are reporting problems can you be more specific - its really hard to figure out exactly what you did sometimes.
What steps did you take eg. are you using the downloader tool or saving using the context menus?

redwing

What steps did you take eg. are you using the downloader tool or saving using the context menus?

I didn't do anything. Just watching movie backdrops with playing track panel. Doesn't it save at least one picture for each movie title in the specified folder, or it does only when the user saves it?

redwing

And what does this "no match found" mean when it correctly fetches and shows the picture?

http://imgur.com/BJAc7Sv][IMG width=800]http://i.imgur.com/BJAc7Sv.png

Let me know what else is unclear to you in my report.
Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:32:24 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
I didn't do anything. Just watching movie backdrops with playing track panel. Doesn't it save at least one picture for each movie title in the specified folder, or it does only when the user saves it?
no, and nothing has been changed for ages

Steven

• Administrator
And what does this "no match found" mean when it correctly fetches and shows the picture?
you dont have the item ticked - i wont spend time to investigating this

redwing

My fault. Pictures in my folder seem to have been downloaded with a very early version of this feature. I looked over earlier posts in this thread and now understand MB saves downloaded pics only in the cache. Sorry for the false alarm.

redwing

redwing

For a compilation track, MB currently looks for a picture in the user's local folder like the following:

for a compilation track it first tries <album>--<title> and if no match then it falls back to <album>

If none of those are found, does it try a web search with the "album--title" template, or just looking for the usual artist pictures?

Would be great if none of those image files are found from the folder, it then searches the web with "album", if none then, finally, with "title", which would almost automate handling of a compilation track. Currently it's a lot of work to remap compilation albums, as there's no way to map entire tracks in an album with a preferred-format template.
Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:52:07 AM by redwing

redwing

Is there a way for mapping to a movie in a specific release year when the site has multiple movies with the same title?

For instance, there are several "Godzilla" movies in the site: http://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=godzilla

If you simply use "Godzilla" for mapping, you will always get backdrops for the most recently released version. Then how to map to "Godzilla" released in 1954 or in 1998?

The Incredible Boom Boom

Is there a way for mapping to a movie in a specific release year when the site has multiple movies with the same title?

For instance, there are several "Godzilla" movies in the site: http://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=godzilla

If you simply use "Godzilla" for mapping, you will always get backdrops for the most recently released version. Then how to map to "Godzilla" released in 1954 or in 1998?

+1
TheMovieDB API supports querying by year, so sending the <Original Year> (if null, <Year> tag) here would be really helpful.