Author Topic: Questions on CD Ripping: Automatic Start and Finish  (Read 2885 times)

dms

First of all thanks for such an amazing program, this applicaiton is amazing and a breath of fresh air compared to all of the overly complicated Windows music programs out there.

Now then to my question: I am using MusicBee to rip CDs to my computer as I buy them. Since I often buy large batchges of used CDs at a time, I like for the process to be as "automated" as possible, in the sense that my goal is to just be able to blindly feed in discs every time I walk by the room, with zero other intervention if possible.

1-For beginning the rip, I have the preferences set to start ripping automatically when a disc is inserted, but the "automatic start" only works SOME of the time, based on the disc metadata it automatically finds:

-For some discs, it populates the metadata fields and gets started with the ripping.

-For other discs though, a window comes up with multiple choices for the disc's metadata, based onn different pressings of the disc it has identified (US, England, Japan, etc). For these ones, I have to pick one of the choices before it will start ripping, which interferes with the goal of "slip a disc min the slot and walk away"

Is there any way to set MusicBee to just always pick the first choice in a list of multiple pressings, and always automatically start? The Mac program I used to use (XLD) had this option, and it always wporked out fine. I never worry about what edition of a CD I have ripped, as long as the song titles, artist, and album info are correct, I am happy

2-When a disc finishes ripping, it brings up a window showing the results of the accuraterip datbase comparison. This is good, I always want to see this info when it's done. The problem is, it does not eject the disc until after I close that window. So, no true automatic ejection of the disc when it's done ripping, which means I don't hear the disc eject and know to come put in the next one. I also tried mapping top the path oif a sound effect to play, but it's not playing it for some reason.

Any ideas on how to get it to always eject the disc when it's finished, yet still leave the results winow open for me to peek at as I change to the next disc? This was another feature XLD had, which really helped keep the flow of disc ripping going because I always knew when a rip was done, the disc would automatically eject out of the disc slot.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

dms

Hi there everyone! After posting this in haste, I noticed that there was also a "feature request" thread.

Moderators, would it be appropriate to move this thread over to that forum? If there is not a way to do the automatic ripping start/stop features I was asking about, I would love to have them logged as a featuire request with the developer.

Thanks!

Nerkalis

I also am looking for a way to rip and run. Is there a way to select geographical area like US to determine meta tag data preferences? And is there a was to complete previous rip and close the rip results so I can just load another disc and have it start another rip unattended? Also used other software that did this but love Musicbee so would like all in one place. Help a bee'ther out!

phred

• Global Moderator
I also am looking for a way to rip and run. Is there a way to select geographical area like US to determine meta tag data preferences? And is there a was to complete previous rip and close the rip results so I can just load another disc and have it start another rip unattended? Also used other software that did this but love Musicbee so would like all in one place. Help a bee'ther out!
You can turn off the AccurateRip validation in the CD Ripping preference. Or perhaps try leaving it on but disabling 'always show results.' If never tried that so I don't know if it will just  continue on its merry little way.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here