Author Topic: Any plans for ReplayGain analysis to use the recent EBU-R128 standard ? [DONE]  (Read 41862 times)

Diedrict

mb will display calculated adjust value after initial pass.

idea, give users a switch to feedback the value automatically into a second pass.

greets.

junebaug

when I hold only 1 track in Now Playing panel this track is played with album gain. Thus when looking for tracks in the main panel and starting found ones from just there by double click, which clears the list and plays the selected track only, MB plays this individual tracks with album gain. I would expect playing them with track gain here ...

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

When "calculate missing replay gain tags for new music files" setting under Tags (2) is ticked, MB does volume analysis to any new files imported to inbox. I think it used to do that when new files were sent to the library, but the behavior changed several months ago. If this is correct, is there a way to revert it to the previous behavior? The thing is, MB currently analyzes any new files imported to inbox one by one, but I have to re-rerun volume analysis for album gain after editing tags.

redwing

how are your files being imported?

By monitoring folders setting. When tracks are coming to the specified folder one by one, for instance after format conversion, MB adds track gain to each of them in inbox, but I have to do volume analysis again anyway for album gain after adding proper tags to them.

Steven

• Administrator
i dont want to add more options just for this but there is a case for MB to do this function only when the files are being sent to the library ie. correctly tagged with an album name, so i have changed the behavior.
Additionally for the file monitor, it now pauses before applying the function if the target is the library rather than the inbox to allow files to accumulate

redwing

I noticed that one loophole still remains with the current implementation of "calculate missing replay gain tags for new music files" setting where a non-analyzed track could sneak into the library. It's "Folder(replace) file" command. Maybe doing album-gain analysis along with other existing tracks could be left to the user, but it would be nice if track-gain analysis for the file replaced with a new audio stream could be done automatically.