Author Topic: Option to open library filter links in new tab  (Read 1809 times)

xylltch

I keep a few standard tabs open (Music, Now Playing, Auto DJ, Radio, Podcasts) to quickly switch between different functions.  When I click a library filter link in the Selected/Playing Track details, it opens the filter in whatever the current tab is.  It would be nice to have an option to create a new tab in this case, so that the other tabs keep their current display.

Also, adding a checkbox or something to make other fields into library filter links would be great, so that you can easily find stuff related to the currently selected track.  Something like this:

Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:14:54 PM by xylltch

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi!  Welcome to the forum.

Both of your requests are already available in some form.

To open filters in a new tab, first right click on Music and choose the Show Filters option.  Then right click on a filter and choose Open in New Tab.  (Middle clicking on the filter will do the same thing.)

<Artist> and <Album> fields in Track Details are shown as clickable links, which I see you already have set to go to the library filter.  If you're using the Album and Tracks library view, all fields shown for the album are clickable links.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)