Author Topic: Don't steal focus when action completes  (Read 5730 times)

mikebo

Currently MB steals focus when an action like ripping, burning, converting etc. is complete. It is quite annoying when you switch to another application and suddenly get switched back to MB.
A more polite approach would be to flash the taskbar button yellow (which i've already seen MB doing, but don't remember on what occasion) or/and present a popup if they're enabled.

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
The only occasion I can relate to is when MB completes device syncing and it flashes yellow. I use solely EAC for ripping and not MB so I have no experience of that. But I agree that it can seem obnoxious when a program steals focus. so +1 from me
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed it so that if the dialog is minimised to the musicbee status bar then it wont switch focus back
its in the next v2.2 update

mikebo

Thanks, but can you please make the taskbar button flash yellow, because now there seems to be no indication at all that it has completed (checked with format conversion).

Steven

• Administrator

mikebo

Thank You Steven, it works great. I appreciate your effort.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Thanks, but can you please make the taskbar button flash yellow, because now there seems to be no indication at all that it has completed (checked with format conversion).
Further to this, I notice when MusicBee completes an action it keeps flashing the taskbar button forever. I think standard Windows behaviour is to flash three times and then remain highlighted until the application window receives focus again. It's a tad intrusive right now.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
its using the standard windows API to flash the taskbar button and i am not aware of a way to do it differently

Zak

• Global Moderator

Steven

• Administrator
yes, and you are right - it does have some configurable parameters that i can tweak.
strange it only flashes a couple of times on my pc but i guess the default behavior is driven by some windows settings somewhere

Zak

• Global Moderator
strange it only flashes a couple of times on my pc but i guess the default behavior is driven by some windows settings somewhere
That is weird. I looked in a heap of control panel settings but couldn't find anything related.
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium if that makes a difference.

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed it to do 2 flashes. On my machine windows also does another 2 longer flashes afterwards and then stays orange

Zak

• Global Moderator
Thanks. I'll let you know how many my machine does when you release the next patch. In theory, it should be the same, but we'll see...  ;)