Author Topic: [Feature Request] Close to Notification Tray / Click Notification Tray Icon to..  (Read 31787 times)

RADIOENA

Ok...maybe this will make it easier... can the action of pressing the X simply open a small window "Close MusicBee" "Are You Sure?" YES/NO.

Many programs have this option in order to avoid accidental closure. It would also resolve many issues where continuous play is required and accidental closing of the program needs to be avoided.  8)

geodeo5

Can we please not have clicking close minimise to tray, it's close for a reason... not minimise.

We are asking for an OPTION for that behavior. If you don't want it then don't select it...

geodeo5

Quite frankly, I don't understand why this is still being discussed. As others have said, the upper right corner X is Windows standard for eXiting an application. Users clicking the X expect the application to EXIT. Clicking on the minimize button will MINIMIZE the software. MB offers users four options when choosing to minimize the application. Preferences > General > application > minimize to.

This should really be the end of the discussion.

Because many people have already proven by requesting in this thread that they want the OPTION for more minimize/close options :-)

MegasXLR

• Music Lover #1 <3
Out of a dozen tray apps (Syncthing, Calibre, VoIP, Torrent, every Games Store), MusicBee is the only one that doesn't close to tray, and most annoying since I open it often.
The lack of votes is a selection bias, not everyone will register on the forum to complain, or will find another app.

- It's basically a service with DLNA running in the background, a warning "Are you Sure? Yes/No" would be nice.
- Without looking, it's quicker/easier to hit the close button instead of aiming for minimize.
- It's expected, every music player has the option close to tray.
- It's impossible:

I made an AutoHotKey script for those you can't live without:

Code
#NoEnv
#SingleInstance Force

; Close to Minimize
Classes := "WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2bf8098_r7_ad1" ;
Loop, parse, Classes, `,
    GroupAdd, GroupName, ahk_class %A_LoopField%

SetTimer CheckMouse, -100
return

CheckMouse:
    CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
    MouseGetPos, mX, mY, WindowUnderMouse
    WinGetPos, wX, wY, wW, wH, ahk_id %WindowUnderMouse%
        CloseButton := (mY > wY and mY < wY+35 and (mX > wX + (wW-50) and mX < wX+wW))
    SetTimer CheckMouse, -100
return

#If (CloseButton)

~LButton::
    ~RButton::
        MouseGetPos,,, WindowUnderMouse
        WinGetClass, Class, ahk_id %WindowUnderMouse%
        If Class in %Classes%
        {
            WinMinimize, ahk_id %WindowUnderMouse%
        }
    return

If anyone's still using this script and it's not working - you need to change the class name to the following if you're on the latest MusicBee version: WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2bf8098_r8_ad1
And every time it stops working it's worth a shot to check if the class name has changed and if so adjust the script accordingly.
To check the class name I've made a handy small script:
Code
; Example to get the class of a MusicBee window
WinGetClass, class, Olivia Rodrigo - Teenage Dream - MusicBee
MsgBox The class of the MusicBee window is %class%
Change the " Olivia Rodrigo - Teenage Dream - MusicBee" part to whatever your MusicBee window's current title is and run the script to get a popup containing the program's class name.

I love rock/metal/pop but don't mind any other music genre except чалга...that thing sux
I also love cars

PS I'm friendly

heroclix

Please @Steven an option to change the behaviour of the Close button (Who in their right mind actually wants to Exit MusicBee!  :P )

geodeo5

Yes please, just today I have exited out of MusicBee twice due to inadvertent closing of the app even though all I wanted to do was minimize it to the taskbar. Old people need more options like this please for minimizing We just want the option to minimize TheBee when we press the Close Button, not mandatory behaviour :-)

shimatani

Yes please, just today I have exited out of MusicBee twice due to inadvertent closing of the app even though all I wanted to do was minimize it to the taskbar. Old people need more options like this please for minimizing We just want the option to minimize TheBee when we press the Close Button, not mandatory behaviour :-)

Totally agree, this should be an option as it's very easy to click the X button by mistake. Another possibility would be an option to confirm exiting the software, I think that would be good enough.

Btw, awesome software. First time post on the forum, but a long time MB user. :)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Another possibility would be an option to confirm exiting the software, I think that would be good enough.
In v3.6, I believe a similar option has been (or will be) introduced where a confirmation will be requested should the close button be clicked while a track's still playing.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

geodeo5

Mayibongwe, that sounds cool as long as that "confirmation "can also be turned off... we don't need to be asked every single time if we want to close MB to the tray :-)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Confirming that the confirmation is indeed already available in early 3.6 versions.
And yes, you can disable the confirmation dialogue if you don't want it - I don't remember but i think it's off by default.

...we don't need to be asked every single time if we want to close MB to the tray :-)
For clarity's sake, the option I mentioned above is only intended for those who
- accidentally click the close button (which has been pointed out by some here as the reason behind the support for the wish),
- and not for those who intentionally click the X hoping for some different action other than for MusicBee to terminate.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

boroda

it would be great if the MB closing confirmation dialog was shown if MB was playing music only.

heroclix

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
For everyone that doesn't know, if you have 'minimise to: Notification Tray' set in Preferences> General> application
if you click on the Tak Bar Icon rather than the close "X" MB already (3.5 and earlier) has a behaviour very similar to 'close to notification'.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together