Author Topic: Musicbee lite (external app optimized for playing)  (Read 9809 times)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Steven just fixed the problem with MusicBee taking a few seconds to start playing tracks opened from Explorer:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10137.0

Yet one more nail in the coffin of other music programs.  :D
Bee excellent to each other...

lnminente

I updated, and sent an mp3 file from explorer to play with MB which was closed a few seconds before, so wasn't a cold restart, and it takes 8-9 seconds. While 1by1 takes 1 second. The startup of the .net is the real problem when you want to listen a file executed from explorer.
So, sadly, it doesn't solves the startup time problem :( I use 1by1 as a player for that moments i want to listen one file (or a folder) almost instantly without the need of having it running from before.
Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:33:25 PM by lnminente

Zak

• Global Moderator
The fix was only supposed to remove the 2 second pause that was still present even when MusicBee was already running.
Bee excellent to each other...

jackuars

Most computers these days have 4GB - 8GB+ so its just a tiny fraction.

This isn't true, because not everyone lives in the U.S or U.K.

I agree that the work involved will be too much, so there are many lightweight music players out there which will do for particular wishes of the people.

ma_t14

The fix was only supposed to remove the 2 second pause that was still present even when MusicBee was already running.

I can't think of ever having MusicBee closed so this change is perfect. Thanks Zac for letting us know about the fix  :)