Author Topic: Right Click > Auto DJ based on selected song  (Read 6534 times)

n00ge

It would be nice to have a feature similar to iTunes where you can right click on a song and start 'Auto DJ' based on that song. 

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, I agree.  This would be a great feature.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

thegreyspot

Yes this would be kewl. What are good sources for this information? Does pandora have an api or something?

n00ge

Sources?  MusicBee uses Last.fm to mix up a playlist.  I'm pretty sure Pandora doesn't have an API, although it would be great if they did. 

Steven

• Administrator

n00ge

The feature is awesome (thank you) but there are a couple quirks.  When I send a track to auto dj, it doesn't add the track to 'now playing' (as I think it should).  It loads 14 tracks in the list.  It does, however, start playing the original track I clicked on, but the first track in the 'Now Playing' window is marked as playing.  Then, when I hit next (hotkey on my keyboard) it jumped to track 2, skipping the first option.  I believe a fix would be to add the original track to the now playing list and mark that as playing, then the 'next' issue wouldn't be an issue anymore. 

Thanks again.

Steven

• Administrator
it behaves the way you want for me so i suspect its not handling something in your settings correctly. Can you email me the settings Help/ Support/ View Settings
I'll PM you my email address

Steven

• Administrator
i've updated the link on the 1.2 downloads topic to include the fix

thegreyspot

Forgive me for my stupidity, but is it actually picking songs that are based off of the one song? I can't really tell....

n00ge

It's based on your settings in AutoDJ.  Under 'playlists' on the left, click on 'AutoDJ' and check out the settings under 'track selection'.  i like using the last.fm based selection per track (for more drifting).