Author Topic: Last.FM not importing Play counts correctly  (Read 9771 times)

SexierUnicorn

Hi, I just started using this program and I'm loving it so far, except for 1 thing.

I imported the Plays from iTunes and then when I click on the "Sync play counts from last.fm" some of them are a lot lower.

For example, before doing Mr Brightside is at 127 plays but then after it is only 3. This seems to affect some songs but not others.

I think that this is similar to: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7178.0 but didn't want to dig up that thread unnecessarily

Any help would be great

Steven

• Administrator
i've looked at this a few times for people saying the same and every time its because there is an inconsistency with the tags or because some songs are scrobbled against no album (if the scrobbling app doesnt support sending album data) or a different album

SexierUnicorn

i've looked at this a few times for people saying the same and every time its because there is an inconsistency with the tags or because some songs are scrobbled against no album (if the scrobbling app doesnt support sending album data) or a different album

When I play the song, last.fm reports the correct amount (same as iTunes) but musicbee says that it is only 3.

If it is a tagging issue is there any way to fix it

SexierUnicorn

Bump.

How do I make the tags the same or should i just start again at 0? but I feel that the problem would stay.

Do I change it in iTunes or in MB

SexierUnicorn

It seems that MB doesn't like the plays that i imported into Last.fm from iTunes removing those worked

beeing good

I have problems with this sometimes. I scrobble from my mp3 player separately from musicbee and when I sync the playcount it sometimes doesn't get updated. Periodically I delete the LastFmPlayCountCache4.dat from the app data folder and it fixes it, play counts synchronise properly.

Steven

• Administrator
@beeing good - how often does it still happen?
If the most recent deleted LastFmPlayCountCache4.dat is still in your recycle bin would you mind sending it to me along with your lastfm user id?
Or when it happens next, send me the file before you delete it

Iasc

I have problems with this sometimes. I scrobble from my mp3 player separately from musicbee and when I sync the playcount it sometimes doesn't get updated. Periodically I delete the LastFmPlayCountCache4.dat from the app data folder and it fixes it, play counts synchronise properly.

exactly the same here. its a fairly regular occurrence that after syncing play count from last fm that no tracks updated happens. unfortunately i deleted the LastFmPlayCountCache4.dat yesterday and its no longer in the recycle bin but if being good cant supply his i will pm the required info next time i it happens when i scrobble tracks from outside musicbeee.

beeing good

Steven, I don't have the last one but I will send you the file the next time I do this. Might be a little while yet though as I think I'm going to have to reinstall Windows this weekend.

Steven

• Administrator
there is a flaw with the current synch method to MusicBee when you scrobble tracks to last.fm via another device over a period of time.
I will make a fix available for that tomorrow - the data needs to be cached a different way so the cache file will get recreated from scratch as: "LastFmPlayCountCache.dat"

Steven

• Administrator
this has the corrected code. Although i have tested this i suggest you keep a close eye on the counts the first few times.
Also the very first time will require a full resynch with last.fm so might take some time

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

beeing good

Thank you Steven, I will test this next time I scrobble a bunch of tracks.

Iasc

i have scrobbled  300 tracks the last 2 days and each time i have synced play count from last fm it shows the correct number of tracks updated. so far so good for this fix.

xadiq

I would like to add that I had been facing the same problems and that the fix has been working so far. Thank you! ;D