Author Topic: Turning off the lyrics of the main panel  (Read 3416 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hello, Steve,

As I mentioned in a bug report, I’d like to suggest allowing the user to turn off the lyrics of the main panel: since there are already the lyrics of the right sidebar, they get redundant. You could say that I could just close the right sidebar, but I like to keep it open in order to watch the artwork. Occasionally, if I have the lyrics of the song, I switch to the lyrics tag, and then, you see two sets of lyrics at the same time, which isn’t elegant. But regardless the fact that I use the right sidebar for the artwork and I don’t want to get rid of it, the truth is that the lyrics are read more comfortably here, as in the main panel they are a bit squeezed. Finally, by optionally removing the lyrics, there would be more space for pictures of the artists and they final layout would be more beautiful.

I hope I have made my point, and I gently ask you to consider my petition.

Thanks,

David

So, should I add a wish list item to suggest allowing the user to turn off the lyrics of the main panel? The thing is that this would allow more space for the pictures of the artists, for example.

I'd support it.

Edit:
I've merged the messages from the Bug Reports section topic. It appears that all messages are sorted chronologically in this case, so I used the message with the description as a quote to put it on the top. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:50:34 AM by VX
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

VX

So, should I add a wish list item to suggest allowing the user to turn off the lyrics of the main panel? The thing is that this would allow more space for the pictures of the artists, for example.

I'd support it.

+1

vivadavid

Hello, Steve,

As I mentioned in a bug report, I’d like to suggest allowing the user to turn off the lyrics of the main panel: since there are already the lyrics of the right sidebar, they get redundant. You could say that I could just close the right sidebar, but I like to keep it open in order to watch the artwork. Occasionally, if I have the lyrics of the song, I switch to the lyrics tag, and then, you see two sets of lyrics at the same time, which isn’t elegant. But regardless the fact that I use the right sidebar for the artwork and I don’t want to get rid of it, the truth is that the lyrics are read more comfortably here, as in the main panel they are a bit squeezed. Finally, by optionally removing the lyrics, there would be more space for pictures of the artists and they final layout would be more beautiful.

I hope I have made my point, and I gently ask you to consider my petition.

Thanks,

David

vivadavid

OK, now I understand why this thread didn't say "Started by Vivadavid", as it did yesterday when I created it. I don't know why you've merged everything, but as long as the request stays and we can get some support from other people, it's fine for me.

Steven

• Administrator
you can now turn off lyrics being displayed in the Playing Track panel - right click/ Customise Layout/ untick "show lyrics"
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

vivadavid