Author Topic: Plugins on the Wiki  (Read 19204 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There is now an official wiki page for plugins:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Plugins

If you add a plugin to the wiki, please be sure to include [[Category:Plugins]] at the bottom of the page, which will automatically include it in this page.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

scampbll, could you add 'All plugins' item to the 'Plugins' menu on the wiki? It seems for me not obvious that clicking on word 'Plugins' opens page different from which are already listed in 'Plugins' menu.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Done!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

boroda

Thanks for this and for instructions for adding new plugins!

boroda

scampbll, I don't know how to edit menu on th wiki. Could you make 'All plugins' menu item to link to http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Plugins page? That is clicking on 'Plugins' menu and on 'All plugins' menu item should lead to the same page. Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
My fault, sorry.  I forgot to create the redirect.  If you want to do it, just click on the "all plugins" link and enter this: #REDIRECT [[:Category:Plugins]]
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

boroda

How to update page previews in Category Exhibition View? There are old ones.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Try F5, but I think that's a once-a-day update on Wikia's end.  :(
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks, boroda74, for an epic amount of work adding plugins to the wiki!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

e-motiv

- Why is it "official"?
- Shall we gather developer manuals etc. there in a developer category?  Here is a start: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3864.0 if anyone wants to transfer it to the wiki...
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, it's "official" in that it's the designated place to list all plugins on the wiki.  And the wiki is in the process of becoming the official online help site for MB.

That'll be helpful, I figured we'd want an API page eventually.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

boroda

- Shall we gather developer manuals etc. there in a developer category?  Here is a start: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3864.0 if anyone wants to transfer it to the wiki...
I think "Plugins" or "How-To's" wiki pages are bad place for API reference. Probably we should add new category "API" (and the link to it from wiki menu) for API documentation/guides.
Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:24:40 AM by boroda74

e-motiv

Well, it's "official" in that it's the designated place to list all plugins on the wiki.  And the wiki is in the process of becoming the official online help site for MB.
How so?  I mean, if Steven does not support it, I'd hate if all efforts would be wasted at one certain time in the future.  I don't want to sound an arse, but I had that before in another opensource project. Also, the commercials on the wiki don't really support Steven, I presume so I would understand if he doesn't like it and rather have a wiki-package on his server with more benifits.  (But maybe wikia can be exported and imported then?)
Edit: Never mind! I just noticed it's in the Help Windows of Musicbee itself! That takes my worries away.

That'll be helpful, I figured we'd want an API page eventually.
- Shall we gather developer manuals etc. there in a developer category?  Here is a start: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3864.0 if anyone wants to transfer it to the wiki...
I think "Plugins" or "How-To's" wiki pages are bad place for API reference. Probably we should add new category "API" (and the link to it from wiki menu) for API documentation/guides.
I see you are also interested. Great!  I'll see if I can make a start after my above worries are a bit resolved.
Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:23:04 PM by R U Bn ?
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

Steven

• Administrator
@R U Bn ?, I fully support the wiki as the place to go to for help and documentation.
I dont want the bother of hosting the wiki on the getmusicbee.com domain as has been tried already in the past and was a spam/ maintenance nightmare!