Author Topic: Add 'Desktop' and 'Downloads' to the Computer node in the Left Sidebar  (Read 3456 times)

VX

I was quite surprised after MB 2.1 reinstallation that there is no 'Desktop' and 'Downloads' in the Left Sidebar.
There are Libraries and Hard Disks in the Computer node, but no 'Desktop' and 'Downloads'  ???

IMHO, these folders are one of the most used places to store data (including some audio files) in Windows OSes.
You can find the shortcuts for Desktop and Downloads folders (alongside with Libraries and Hard Disks in the Left Sidebar of Windows Explorer in Windows 7, so adding the missing folders to the Left Sidebar of MB would be consistent with what an average Windows user expects to find there.

That would simplify the navigation with the Left Sidebar of MB and allow to find and listen to audio files quicker.

AFAIK, the folder names don't require translation (a default system name and path is used), so it could be updated before MB 2.1 final release if approved.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Steven

• Administrator

VX

i have added the Downloads folder (Win7+ only) for the next update

Thanks  :) IMHO, 'Desktop' folder is worth adding too.

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
i have added the Downloads folder (Win7+ only) for the next update

Thanks  :) IMHO, 'Desktop' folder is worth adding too.
No one stores music files indefinitely on the desktop surely though? Same goes for downloads directory imo
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Zak

• Global Moderator
Showing filtered folders and including "c:\users\[username]\desktop" and "c:\users\[username]\downloads" would also achieve the same thing.
Bee excellent to each other...