Also, I checked out your skins and basically, NONE of your dark skins have the Play Group on the right side, so that didn't work for me.
To readers (other than leeuniverse) stumbling upon this thread looking for a dark skin with the player controls on the right side, these are my skin contributions that have exactly that:
A Sophisticated Bee (At Night)
Jistme the NightBee
The Blue Bee and the Sea
Tweakers Bee (At Night)
Almost ALL of those you list above are "unusable" for one reason or another.
So, I'll explain...A Sophisticated Bee (At Night)
- Entirely RED, I don't find such a thing usable.Elemental
- Was likely the ONLY contender, was actually interested in using it, even tried it, but you literally made the Progress Bar/Slider a "dot"... Thus, you made it UNUSABLE.Jistme the NightBee
- Orange to the level I want to blow my brains out.Juke's Joint
- This wasn't at the Plugins Website, I'll look for it.Sportura Pinstripe
- Also not at the website.Sting
- Okay, this one I DID miss (think it seemed too "grey", and the text too grey (aka not enough "contrast between elements), just tried it, and I would prefer the buttons actually showing, that's just irritating, and indeed, not enough contrast, though, this one "could" be usable, just I prefer more contrast so I can actually "see" things. But, I could use it if I absolutely had to, though, still don't like the progress bar being so small, you've removed the "enlarge progress bar" function, but it's usable at least.The Blue Bee and the Sea
- ALL BLUE... seriously?Tron Punk
- While interesting for fun, not useful for long-term use. Contrasts are just too much.Tweakers Bee (At Night)
- This one might be usable Not into the green and red contrasts are just too much. But, I might have used this, but you can't position the Progress Bar on the "Top" nor enlarge it. The progress bar being at the "bottom" is my biggest complaint of all the default skins. It's just not at all a "practical" design like I address in the OP.Void Black
- Looks like I missed this one... It's actually almost perfect.
I could actually use this one. I want to congratulate you on this one
However, there ARE some changes I would need done.1.
Would like the "Music Note" Icon to be RED, as I mentioned in my OP.2.
The "Text" needs to be a bit "whiter". It's a "little" too "grey"...3.
Really don't like the Play Button being on the "Top" like that, would prefer them all being in the same Row and the Play Button be at the end.4.
Would also like the option to put the Progress Bar at the Top and to Enlarge it if possible potentially. Also, would like to see the progress bar "Notch". It's just a nice thing, and it helps know your spacing in that section.
That's it, if you make these improvements this might literally be the BEST skin we have...
I've tried/looked at them all.Now, as to #4...
I want people to notice something. You've without realizing it provided the "proper spacing" from the bottom Border of MusicBee with the Progress Bar.
In other words, what I address above with there being a spacing problem with the progress bar in almost ALL default skins in relation to being FAR too close to the bottom border, you've actually addressed the issue EXACTLY how I'm asking it to be fixed.
Do you see and feel the visual and usability difference between your progress bar and the default skins? I hope so people now do...
Your progress bar is usable, the default skins with it being completely on the bottom (which it's supposedly "middle" LOL) is entirely UNUSABLE.Void Blue, Void Green, Void Red
- More unusable color craziness, everything one color.Zen Hive
- Likely fun for Holloween, but not for regular use.
In conclusion... I appreciate your work, as you do you get better, but like I said originally, basically NONE of your dark skins are usuable, save as I've already addressed above.
No offense intended, cause I know you put work in, and what people do becomes personal to them, but this is simply my view as a power user with things, a perfectionist, who's familiar with website design for example in how designers don't do proper contrasts with elements, etc. You've done similar, not in all cases as mentioned, but just throwing "colors" into something isn't proper "skin" creation methodology. It's about "design" and artistry. You've done some as I've addressed, and well done. But improvements are needed.
You wanted to know "why" I said what I said, since you had to respond, so I've addressed my observations to you, so you can understand where I'm coming from in my judgment.