« on: December 22, 2016, 02:16:56 PM »
This is looking really great, thanks for all the hard work!
I got to play around with the new app and plugin this morning and have a couple of questions/thoughts...
- I'm pretty sure (or at least I was pretty sure) I have a clean install of MB 3.x, but the plugin exe aborted because it had detected MB 2.x components. I downloaded the 7z version and updated the plugin manually with no issue. Can you list what the installer is checking so I can clean up any old installation files?
- The 7x readme mentions that ServiceStack.Text.dll is required to be present in the plugin folder but the file is not in the zip archive. It's also not in my plugin folder, but again I have no issue using the app.
- I found the Library refresh in the overflow menu, but that didn't refresh the playlists. The playlist screen uses a pull down to refresh. I would have thought both would be done with the library refresh, and the two different methods seem inconsistent. But certainly not a big deal.
- I have the setting for Search List Default Action set to Get Subcategory which to me seems like the natural default action. Once I get down to the song level a tap on a song clears the Now Playing list and plays the song. This feels backwards - I would think moving to the subcategory would be default, with dots to allow adding/queuing the entire category and the app setting to control the action to take when tapping an individual song.
- This might fall under your future playlist manipulation plans, but when I reorder songs in Now Playing on the app, the changes reflect on my computer but MB skips anything that was reordered up.
- In Now Playing, I naturally went for the dash-dash-dash UI prompt to reorder the songs. That placed my finger over the row title and I couldn't see when I had the row selected to move. I did figure out that I could hold the row anywhere to move it, but it might be better to have the indicator on the right hand side of the row. (As I typed that I realized that I'm having righty bias)