« on: February 19, 2019, 05:18:34 PM »
Here are the few issues that I have with the mobile app
1. Does not stay connected to the PC app. When I want to use it I have to reconnect it through preferences on the PC app kind of annoying.
2. When you go to the library screen on the mobile app it always starts with the genre screen. I would prefer that it start with artist. Who really selects music play based on genre?
3. Under the artist screen of the mobile app it is a total mess. It lists every artist on every song in your music collection. This is a problem. I have my collection organized by artist so each artist has their albums under them. However an artist might be on another album (Christmas compilation) or guest on another artist’s album. This is where the problem comes from. I suspect that the mobile app finds every tag of an artist and list them as that artist. For example I have Amy Grant but the mobile app lists Amy Grant and Amy Grant;(insert other artist name here) so I end up having around twenty listing of Amy Grant. The reality is I only have one Amy Grant folder in my collection but she might be on other albums. So the tagging is an issue. It is not how I have my collection organized on the PC. This makes searching through and finding what you really want very arduous.
4. If I find Amy and want to play only her albums I can’t just select Amy and start play. Once I select Amy I then get every album she is on whether it is just her album or she is on someone else album or compilation. Again this is a problem as they are not just her albums but any albums she is on. I then have to select which album I want to play, again it doesn’t start playing automatically like the PC app, I have to select a song and it will only play that song not the entire album.
5. You cannot play an album from the mobile app. It will play the first song, or whichever song you select, but it will not play the entire album. It only plays the one song then stops. It will not move to the next song. However, if you start the album play from the PC the mobile app it will play the entire album and will allow you to move to the next song or fast forward.
6. As best as I can tell it will only play one song at a time when you start play from the mobile app. However, if you start play from the PC it does work a little better. You can select an artist from PC start play and the mobile app will let you fast forward to the next song but you can’t jump to the last song or the next album, you can only fast forward through that album or on to the next album if there is one. When you have finished the last song on the last album it stops.
7. It does keep playing if you have auto DJ on and it allows you to fast forward to the next track in auto DJ mode.
8. Lack of album art on the album or artist library pages. It only shows album art on the home screen or now playing screen.
9. Again, if you start play from the PC it does work better but once you try and take control on the mobile app it only allows you to play one song at a time.
These are the main issues I have found so far. Perhaps there are more and perhaps I don’t understand how it works.
But basically it is, as best I can tell, great for trying to find a song and playing that song and only that song. This is why I was wishing for an app that would mirror the PC app and respond accordingly. I could then navigate and play as I would on the PC except do it in my hand.