Author Topic: LyricsReloaded  (Read 241845 times)

quick_wango

• Software Engineer

ResoOner

Hey man loving the plugin, however RapGenius is no longer RapGenius, it's now known as *.Genius.com (* being Rap, Rock, Lit etc) a simple tweak to the file "LyricsReloaded\Configs\rapgenius.com.yml" fixes it.

If anyone would like, I can post the modified DLL here (along with a VirusTotal report, of course)

Can you make a Pull Request over at https://github.com/pschichtel/LyricsReloaded so I can add it to the official build?
Also providing a patched DLL is a) not necessary as the *.yml can be placed in the plugin folder and b) is not really wanted because DLLs can be harmful.

Doesn't work here.

I copied the mb_LyricsReloaded.dll in this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins.

The plugin is listed in the plugin section but nothing happens when i click on the configure button.
Does anyone else do have this problem or did i done something wrong?

Here is the log file: http://pastebin.com/066kSHKA

Sorry for my bad english

The plugin doesn't provide any functionality on the configure-button, that's expected. The log also doesn't show any problems except the update check not working (again... Github, fix your SSL!)

hey man sorry to take so long to reply to you! My computer died so I unfortunately no longer have access to the edits I made, however it was really simple I just removed the word "Rap" from the RapGenius config file 'cause their URL is now just "Genius.com" instead of "RapGenius.com"

I don't know how to work GitHub but I suppose I can give it a shot if the file still needs fixing!

Thanks for maintaining the plugin. Couldn't live without it lol.

Xyzzy

I have an idea- as some sources specialize in specific language/genre(s), maybe it would be good idea to search them first for these specific languages/genres? They have the biggest chances for a good fit.

Fe
- if a TXXX/ARTIST COUNTRY is Poland, tekstowo.pl and teksty.org would be searched first
- if Genre is *Metal* (* = wildcard), darklyrics and Encyclopaedia Metallum are searched first

Countries and genres would need to by assigned to datasources in code.

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
As far as I know plugins don't have control over the order providers are searched

imdaleaf

Would love to see some more sites on the Lyrics Reloaded Plugin. PLyrics to be more specific. A few of my songs aren't picking anything up from the current sites on the default / reloaded plugin. If possible a feature where you can link certain sites.

Big Mons

Would it be possible to build something into the plugin that would add the source at the end of the lyrics? For example, in the past I used a batch lyric plugin for MediaMonkey before I discovered MusicBee. At the end of the lyrics, it lists the following:
Lyrics provided by: AZLyrics.com
Artist: MEGADETH
Track: Symphony Of Destruction
Lyrics provided by: Lyric.Wikia.com
Artist: Pink Floyd
Track: Time
If it's possible, perhaps make it an option, like a checkbox, in the settings for the plugin. Some people may not want it. I think it's good for two reasons off the top of my head:
  • It gives some recognition to the provider.
  • It lets me know where the lyrics came from in case they aren't correct and I want to try a different provider, or even go to their site and correct it.
Thanks!
Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:16:04 AM by Big Mons

Alumni

+1

I'd also like the option to see the lyrics source at the bottom of the sheet.
Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:45:32 AM by Alumni

redwing

Among those included sites, another LyricWiki is used by native MB fetcher, and another Urban Lyrics is used by Steven's Lyrics plugin. How about renaming those sites in your plugin so that they could be distinguished?

vzell

I'd also like the option to see the lyrics source at the bottom of the sheet.

+1, but configurable

XarsYs

Hi! I would like to request an actual solution to the Genius lyrics - they are such a quality lyric site and I would love it if I would be able to have lyrics from that source. Especially for all my underground rap songs, they are simply not found on other sites.

I tried editing the configuration file but then it won't load the plugin. Probably some hashsum check or something, I really don't know what I am doing :S

Thanks!

ResoOner

Hi! I would like to request an actual solution to the Genius lyrics - they are such a quality lyric site and I would love it if I would be able to have lyrics from that source. Especially for all my underground rap songs, they are simply not found on other sites.

I tried editing the configuration file but then it won't load the plugin. Probably some hashsum check or something, I really don't know what I am doing :S

Thanks!

I was able to fix it previously, but lost the files that I edited so I am not really sure how I did it, but if I was able to do it then I am sure it is quite an easy fix for the coder of the plugin, however he has known about this issue for quite some time (see my other posts in this thread) and has shown pretty much no interest in fixing it so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.