Author Topic: First album you ever bought?  (Read 33992 times)

Anti

First one with my own money, when I was ten in 1980, was Queen - A Night At The Opera. I think that was the first time I was allowed to go alone into the city by myself too, so exciting times! Unfortunately, my friend and I had a Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch and I got a large grease stain on the white sleeve twenty minutes after the purchase. I was absolutely livid with myself!

The next nine albums I bought with my own money were probably also Queen, as I only started buying Led Zep, ACDC, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, Santana and Hendrix afterwards. My god, what a great escape from the complete rubbish that was on TV and radio during the 80s.

boroda

Vladimir Vysotsky - Copmiliation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ZpiIxHVi8
Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:59:52 PM by boroda74

Logan

I'm not nearly cool enough, mine was Adam and the Ants - Kings of the wild Frontier

Sel-Borum

In 1977 or 78 I used my paper route money to buy my first vinyl record. The Soundtrack from "Grease". The pressing must have had an error because it had a skip on one song so I exchanged it, but, again the same skip on the same track.  I now own two copies in vinyl without the  skip!

OwnDog

Cryan Shames - A Scratch in the Sky the one I normally admit to but, in truth, T Bones - No Matter what Shape

Deping

Killers by Iron Maiden. It was kind of my act of uprising to all the cassettes my parents were buying for me to listen.

rainman

My first vinyl album was Buddy Rich 'Plays and Plays and Plays' really great band and jazz drummer.

Mattiefcf

Low by Bowie (as opposed to the Bowi E.P. by Nick Lowe) in 1977, at the age of 7.  I didn't pay for it, but I did ask for it!  It's now on my wall in my music room.

First CD was Strange Charm by Gary Numan in 1986, a year before I had a CD player (I also bought the vinyl and cassette).  It's worth maybe £100 now as few were pressed (the original, not one of the many re-releases), but I'd never sell it.

Terry Walker

Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette way back 1994

judgmentalastonished

Jagged Little Pill of Alanis Morissette way back in 1995  ;)

radicalspriz

:o My first album, i was 7 years old, was 'Seventh son of a seventh son' from Iron Maiden. I was just arrived at home and i play the musicassette. When my mother heard the first scream she forced me to bring it back..  ;D

DELTA-GREEN

Gorrillaz --- Demon Days
(To the best of my memory)

I used to think they were awesome when I was younger. Mainly liked the artwork, being a hobbyist myself. Later found they are not a "they". Also found that I no longer care for purely digital music, or music by people who aren't singer/songwriters for that matter. This album has pretty much become a bookend now.

DELTA-GREEN

Gorrillaz --- Demon Days
(To the best of my memory)

I used to think they were awesome when I was younger. Mainly liked the artwork, being a hobbyist myself. Later found they are not a "they". Also found that I no longer care for purely digital music, or music by people who aren't singer/songwriters for that matter. This album has pretty much become a bookend now.
Hahaha. This is great. I wish my first album (or even one of the first 10...) was something I still care about. I'd have been fine today knowing it was Iron Maiden.

morgandao

Well, 1st album I bought for myself was "I want it that way (1999)" of BSB. Still remember the feeling of touching the disc :o

Video99

My absolute first LP (Vinyl) was 1965 Catarina Valente "Wenn es Nacht wird in den Städten".
After this it goes over Dixieland Records up to Chet Baker and Sadao Watanabe to Bob James. Today I like Kurt Elling, Wolfgang Haffner and Ida Sand