Author Topic: Android music player: GMMP  (Read 19050 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I learned about it from somebody else on this forum who mentioned it, but for those with Android phones be sure to check out Gone Mad Music Player (GMMP).  I think of it as the MusicBee of Android, it's so complete and adaptable.  Updates are pretty frequent, and I was able to get good tech support when I was having some technical problems.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gonemad.gmmp&hl=en

I really like their trial system, where you can use the full version for 2 weeks, rather than simply not having access to a lot of important functions.  (And I just noticed that the unlocked version is on sale for $0.99 this week.)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

tom_dl

Just downloaded this - it's much better than poweramp! Thanks for the advice :-)

Thorbjorn

"MusicBee of Android" sounds interesting! I'll try it out. I don't like too advanced players on my phone though. I want a simple interface.
I use Zplayer now which I think is pretty good. I used Ubermusic earlier, but there hasn't been any updates in 2 years.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Don't worry, if I didn't find it pretty intuitive to access playlists, browse my library, and make it do an "auto DJ" or "play library shuffled" kind of thing, I wouldn't be using it.  Like MB, it works great out of the box but there's a ton of options under the hood.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just noticed this update on the latest GMMP beta:

"Adjusted saved value for id3 rating tag to match what MusicBee writes"

I didn't know that it had been an issue, but yay for MusicBee compatibility!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

theta_wave

I just noticed this update on the latest GMMP beta:

"Adjusted saved value for id3 rating tag to match what MusicBee writes"

I didn't know that it had been an issue, but yay for MusicBee compatibility!
Say thanks to a concerned MB/GMMP user: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19758.0

Sheamus

This is a really great player, especially the fact that it has smart playlists, which makes it unique AFAIK among Android players.
However, has anyone worked out the magical combination for getting it to scrobble. I have tried it with both Scrobble Droid (total bust) and Simple Last.fm (my record is 5 consecutive scrobbles before it stops working). With the latter I have tried restarts, reboots, every combination of options re when to scrobble, how to scrobble - any network, 3G and Wifi, Wifi only etc. But basically it doesn't seem to work. At. All.

So, is there a magical configuration, or is this just par for the course for Android scrobblers? The plus side of a smart playlist with a Recently Played is that I can at least scrobble manually should I need to.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Simple last.fm works for me.  It scrobbled a track already this morning.  I wish I knew how to help you trouble shoot!  What version Android are you on?

They do have a developer who responds to questions and reports, so you might try posing to their forum.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)