Author Topic: Now Playing to External Files  (Read 113332 times)

boroda

Curious why the verbatim text "URL" is used, instead of ... if("url"==element) then uiComboItem="filepath" but hey ho.
Because for web files is IS url :)

boroda

New plugin version released.

• Added possibility to export playing track artwork to predefined file.

See plugin wiki page for download link.

Drumstix42

Might it be possible to have the output artwork set to a specified resolution? Some of my artwork is much bigger than others .
Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:38:05 PM by Drumstix42

mrad

Might it be possible to have the output artwork set to a specified resolution? Some of my artwork is much bigger than others .
Drumstix42: I don't agree with a setting for image size -- image manipulation should be handled externally as it's outside the scope of this plugin.

boroda74: Thank you for this feature addition - happy days :D

However, I wasn't sure...
a) if this feature would output all filetypes to whatever type is specified as the save name,
or...
b) if a folder should be specified to output whatever image type exists into defined folder,

so... I tried both methods, unfortunately, and strangely, I got 0 byte output.

fyi: Win7 portable installation to C:\Apps\MusicBeePortable

Many thanks again :)

boroda

However, I wasn't sure...
a) if this feature would output all filetypes to whatever type is specified as the save name,
or...
b) if a folder should be specified to output whatever image type exists into defined folder,
Any image (no matter where its stored and what type of image is) set as primary image for the track in MB should be exported as .jpg

Strange. Can you see track's artwork in MB?

mrad

Strange. Can you see track's artwork in MB?

Yup, I have Playing track as a main tab showing two gfx.
The zero byte save file is also locked after stopping the track so I cannot delete it using normal methods,
Therefore, I change the name in the settings (now adding a .jpg to the base filename) and still see zero byte file created.
mb 2.2.4985

boroda

@mrad
Right-click on the track, select "Edit", select "Artwork" tab. Check if any of the images is marked as primary.

mrad

Yes, the tracks have one embedded image marked "primary picture".
As a test I also adjusted (to no effect) ...
Preferences > Tags(1) > "artwork storage" > Set retrieval filter (button)

Even if not, then perhaps the first image found should be used as a default ;)
--------------------
Question: We have been arranging for the "primary picture" art.

MB downloads complementary hi-res large images and presents them in the ...
"Playing Track" main panel tab when the view is "Use MusicBee default layout"
and the following option is enabled ...
Preferences > Layout (1) > Configure Views (button) > Playing Track (tab) > artist photos
If "artist photos" is not enabled, MB displays a magnified primary picture.

Is this image data (which would make for wonderful wallpaper use) available via the API to you ?
Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:06:44 PM by mrad

boroda

Is this image data (which would make for wonderful wallpaper use) available via the API to you ?
Suggest, yes. There are new functions in API that named "Library_GetArtistPicture_Managed" and "Library_GetArtistPictureUrls". I haven't tested them yet and they are not documented, but seem to be appropriate for this purpose from their names.

boroda

• Added possibility to export playing track artist's picture to predefined file.
  • Fixed bug when plugin blocked album artwork file and stopped to update it.

mrad

• [1] Added possibility to export playing track artist's picture to predefined file.
  • [2] Fixed bug when plugin blocked album artwork file and stopped to update it.

First, thank you for adding the new feature :D

Now, the report ...
[1] both images are output as 0 byte sized files as previously reported with the one image
[2] fixed :)
3) The tag "Lyrics ?" will output "Y [unsynched]" with embedded lyrics. I get the "?", but what about the actual lyrics?
4) bug: img no longer needed, removed.

thanks in advance.
Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:53:58 PM by mrad

boroda

1) still zero byte size
2) fixed :)
Didn't understand what exactly is fixed and what is zero byte. Please explain.

3) The tag "Lyrics ?" will output "Y [unsynched]" with embedded lyrics. I get the "?", but what about the actual lyrics?
Its intended. "Lyrics?" is "Y [synced]" is track has synced "Y [unsynced]" if unsynced and "N" if track doesn't have lyrics. No matter if lyrics are embedded or not. I don't know how to get from api if lyrics are embedded or not. On the other hand I could export lyrics to external predefined file like with pictures.

4) bug:
Its fixed for the next update.

mrad

1) still zero byte size
2) fixed :)
Didn't understand what exactly is fixed and what is zero byte. Please explain.
Sure, I've edited the [post adding a 1 + 2] next to your bulletted items to clarify what I was referring to and adjusted the text a little

On the other hand I could export lyrics to external predefined file like with pictures.
I know it was intended ;) Yes please, a lyric file. And at every track play, delete the file if it exists and there are no lyrics.
Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:52:01 PM by mrad

boroda

Turn on "Playing track panel", see 1st tab ("Details"):

[Image removed]

Do you see artist picture in MB?
Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:18:37 PM by boroda74

boroda

Only album artworks, no artist pictures are found in Internet. That's why artist picture is zero byte.

As for zero byte album artwork, could you try this plugin version? Post content of "C:\Windows\Temp\NP_Log.txt" when album artwork is zero size.
Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:03:04 PM by boroda74