Author Topic: Metro Skins  (Read 124245 times)

colt

What a beautiful theme! However, the download link is invalid now. Hope to get it fixed, thanks!!

bitfidelity

Am I crazy or is there no stop button on the player controls?

redwing

Am I crazy or is there no stop button on the player controls?

There's no stop button in "modern" layout with "progress bar in middle" or "wave bar" option selected (Preferences> Layout (2))

bitfidelity

I'm playing around with the settings under Layout 2 > Main Player Panel but it says that the settings are ignored by my current skin (DarkRED Metro). How do I go about restoring the stop button?

redwing

Bitmap skins ending in xmlc don't support such options. You need to use DarkRED Flat or DarkRED Classic skin for that:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10884.msg66159#msg66159

bilbo_b

I have a Problem with this Skin under Window 8.1 Home. If i Maximize the Musicbee Window and i have Skinframes enabled, i get a white line between Title/Menubar and the Rest oft the Window (Playbar is at the Top). At another Computer with Windows Vista, i didnt have this Problem. The white Line isnt visible on Windows 8.1, if the Window isnt maximized. Its also not visible, if i have Skinframes disabled (which looks ugly). Any one with a idea, why this occurs at my installation or any Workaround?

DELTA-GREEN

Hey I've just reinstalled MusicBee today, and joined the forum for the first time and downloaded some skins, MetroBlue among them. But it's not showing up in the skins menu in MusicBee. Is there an install step I should have done, or should it just show up there?

Edit. Running MusicBee on Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview (Build 10041).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hey I've just reinstalled MusicBee today, and joined the forum for the first time and downloaded some skins, MetroBlue among them. But it's not showing up in the skins menu in MusicBee. Is there an install step I should have done, or should it just show up there?

Depending on the skin, you might have to unzip it.  And it has to be in the Skins folder in MB's Program Files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

DELTA-GREEN

Depending on the skin, you might have to unzip it.  And it has to be in the Skins folder in MB's Program Files.
My mistake. A simple restart solved everything. Thanks for replying though.

Logan

My music sounds so much better now. Thanks :)

The only thing I don't like about the skin is the aliasing around the "window buttons". I suspect the skin would have better consistency without any of the circular buttons. Still my favorite though.

mikolajek

Great skin! Thank you so much for your work on that!

Two question from me:
- is there any special font selected or is it a default font and just looks "special" on the screens ;)?
- is there a way to get a "lined background" for the playlist and track details view, so particular lines were better visible?

SilentNN

Introduced in new MusicBee update:

A white bar has appeared at the top above the header bar. It doesn't look like the creator is still around and I don't believe there's any resources we can use to edit to fix this, but posting here with hope anyways. This is Metro Charcoal, btw.

redwing

Introduced in new MusicBee update:

A white bar has appeared at the top above the header bar. It doesn't look like the creator is still around and I don't believe there's any resources we can use to edit to fix this, but posting here with hope anyways. This is Metro Charcoal, btw.

From v3.1 it's now possible to override even bitmap skins. For details, see this guide: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22023.0

The white bar issue can be easily fixed by adjusting top margin setting. Also it seems to have a coloring issue with centered text setting of tabs bar.
Create a xml file with the following code in any name and put it into the same folder with the original skin and use it instead.

Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root dependsOn="Metro Charcoal.xmlc">
<element id="MainPanelMargin.Top">0</element>
<element id="TabsBar.TabInCaptionBarBlended.Default" fg="150,150,150"  />
<element id="TabsBar.TabInCaptionBarBlended.Highlight" bg="235,235,235" fg="34,34,34" />
</root>

SilentNN

Thanks, I was totally unaware! A lot of time has been saved with the example you've given too  :)