Author Topic: Metro Skins  (Read 124259 times)

JMoss

also, does anyone know why my borders look nothing like your images in the 1st post.

That's because you're applying the skin to the borders (and btw, yes, they're thinner than on old v2).
Uncheck that option and you're done! Then if you're on Windows 7 you'll get Aero borders, solid colors ones if you're on Windows 8.
As for the skin naming, it's now fixed, thanks.
Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:12:15 PM by JMoss

SimonBRT

oh! windows 8 is what was confusing me.  obvious really.  i'm on windows 7 and running without skinning borders gives me aero not the solid block you have.  i've not used windows 8 yet so didnt recognise the look.  cheers.

Mombius

Very nice skin and great update!  ;)

Is there a way to get the tabs in caption bar to fit Windows style?

derausgewanderte

JMoss

Very nice skin and great update!  ;)

Is there a way to get the tabs in caption bar to fit Windows style?

Glad to hear you guys like it!
Tabs are a bit too simple, I know... For sure, they look best when not applying skin to window borders, like the rest of the skin.
I'll think how to make them look better.

Other than that, does someone know how to skin the highlight of custom toolbar buttons? Because it seems like they inherit the highlight property from command.button (which is bad for this skin)... Thanks!  ;)

redwing

I think that's bg of Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Highlight

JMoss

That's what I thought, but no, it doesn't work  :-[
These are my skin's lines for address bar:

<element id="Panel.Header.Default" bg="250,250,250" fg="0,0,0" bdr="250,250,250" />
    <element id="Panel.HeaderControl.Default" bg="250,250,250" fg="0,0,0" bdr="250,250,250" />
    <element id="Panel.LocationBarEdit.Default" bg="250,250,250" fg="0,0,0" />
    <element id="Panel.HeaderControl.Highlight" bg="250,250,250" fg="250,250,250" bdr="250,250,250" />
    <element id="Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Default" fg="140,140,140" />
    <element id="Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Disabled" fg="200,200,200" />

SimonBRT

Unfortunately I don't have the time to look right now, but I'm pretty sure I managed to figure this out for my Modern skin mod of your metro charcoal.  I managed to get the toolbar buttons to have a lighter grey highlight instead of the very dark one currently.  I can have a look later or you can grab the source and see if you can find it...

redwing

That's what I thought, but no, it doesn't work  :-[
These are my skin's lines for address bar:

<element id="Panel.Header.Default" bg="250,250,250" fg="0,0,0" bdr="250,250,250" />
    <element id="Panel.HeaderControl.Default" bg="250,250,250" fg="0,0,0" bdr="250,250,250" />
    <element id="Panel.LocationBarEdit.Default" bg="250,250,250" fg="0,0,0" />
    <element id="Panel.HeaderControl.Highlight" bg="250,250,250" fg="250,250,250" bdr="250,250,250" />
    <element id="Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Default" fg="140,140,140" />
    <element id="Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Disabled" fg="200,200,200" />

What do you mean? How exactly is it not working as you intended?
I don't see the element I mentioned in your code quoted here.

JMoss

What do you mean? How exactly is it not working as you intended?
I don't see the element I mentioned in your code quoted here.

Oh... Yes, I must have been blinded, I don't know... D:
Thanks! Got it working now :D
I'm going to upload an incremental upgrade to make the toolbar controls highlight @ 240,240,240  ;)

JMoss

Unfortunately I don't have the time to look right now, but I'm pretty sure I managed to figure this out for my Modern skin mod of your metro charcoal.  I managed to get the toolbar buttons to have a lighter grey highlight instead of the very dark one currently.  I can have a look later or you can grab the source and see if you can find it...

Thanks, but redwing made me figure out that the answer was already there, and I was just misreading  ;)

redwing

Glad it's sorted out! I know, we all have such blinded moments with no apparent reasons :)

szy

Very nice looking skin, thank you for sharing!

One suggestion though: on the Player bar (bottom), would you consider making the rating stars darker? I think it would be more visible that way.

silvestreccf

Could you fix the links for source files!! I apreciate that
thx

JMoss