Author Topic: Easier addition of a field to main panel  (Read 14972 times)

Gary Young

Sometimes we want to think over while looking at all available fields.
I absolutely agree with that. Couldn't find better words to describe the way I feel when I often search for the best fitting field for a special purpose.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1

scrolling the list is a pain when I'm using my mousepad.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Still no progress with this old request.

Can you support at the least mouse wheel scroll when the mouse is on the menu? Currently it scrolls tracks in the main panel, but instead it could scroll menu items (fields) when they are out of screen.

phred

• Global Moderator
+1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed all the field selector dialogs to a window that stays open. It also has better scrolling for finding fields

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

redwing

Thanks! This is a huge improvement in terms of functionality.
But the coloring of the selector seems to be optimized only for some light skins. It doesn't look good with most of dark skins and leaves a lot to be desired.

1. Why not simply use default border elements just like other pop-up dialogs?

2. Tick mark is colored inverted with dark skins.

3. Why not use the same colors as the previous field selector for tick mark and tick box?

4. Most serious issue. When you're dragging a new field to between existing fields, the insert line is invisible with many skins.

5. When trying to close it down,  I keep moving the mouse to top-right corner, looking for close(x) button just like with other pop-up dialogs.

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for the feedback - i will try and look at this again in a couple of weeks

redwing

One more thing: when new field is added, the field gets displayed correctly in the main panel. But if you adjust its location between existing fields with the selector after insert, the field values do not show up in the main panel until you re-adjust the column header.

Steven

• Administrator
i have made a start on this - a close button in the bar has been added and a bug fixed when re-ordering columns:

Steven

• Administrator
the colours should work better now, at least for the dark skins i tested.
Also mouse wheel is now supported for the "Other fields" list
and lastly the column browser now makes use of this dialog so you can add/ remove columns and move them using this dialog

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
the column browser now makes use of this dialog so you can add/ remove columns and move them using this dialog

And it happens in real time!  Awesome, thank you!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Thanks for the update! All issues I reported are now addressed.

Can you add one more change? It's about the position of the dialog. Currently it gets positioned, when launched, just below the column header, blocking some field content from the user's view. How about moving it down a notch so that the user could see the display changes made to a few tracks as the columns get adjusted in real time? It would be especially helpful for previewing virtual/custom tag content and re-ordered column set.