Author Topic: Ebony & Ivory  (Read 21199 times)

jistme

Derived from my Black and White skin, but improved, bitmapped and right-hand driven, thus deserving a new name.

download Ebony & Ivory

Update Nov 30 2015:

The skin is revised and updated.
No changes in any coloring or icons, but the behavior with custom and larger fonts in the player info panel is significantly improved.
The skin is updated for MusicBee v3demo.

Please feel free to comment, be it good or bad.
Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:34:59 PM by phred

beeing good

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
very urbane re-working jistme  :)
Really like the "repeat" and "shuffle" icon horizontal layout
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

jistme

Thnx guys.

@Cro-yant;
Needless to say that if you want to adapt this concept of repeat/shuffle buttons for your creations, please do!

redwing

I like its very clean look. But the contrast between black and white feels a little too strong to my eyes. Not really ebony & ivory, but pure black & white.

Edit: Tab selector in compact player mode has no contrast between fg and bg when highlighted.
Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 02:06:19 AM by redwing

jistme

Ebony & Ivory is often used as a metaphor for the (piano) keyboard.
Consider this a spanking new one, not a 1898 Bösendorfer.
Also it's an exercise in how few colors or shades really are needed to have a well-functioning MusicBee interface.
Like good music, less is often more...

I don't think Compact Player has tabs?
If you mean the tabs in the sidepanels, there is no entry (yet) to differentiate the color of the 'fg' of a 'mouse over' tab.

redwing

Ebony & Ivory is often used as a metaphor for the (piano) keyboard.
Consider this a spanking new one, not a 1898 Bösendorfer.
Also it's an exercise in how few colors or shades really are needed to have a well-functioning MusicBee interface.
Like good music, less is often more...

What a deep and profound meaning behind the new piano!  ;)

I don't think Compact Player has tabs?
If you mean the tabs in the sidepanels, there is no entry (yet) to differentiate the color of the 'fg' of a 'mouse over' tab.

I meant this one, red circled. You will be able to find both colors with the dummy skin.

jistme

Ah, I had a very hard time finding, and getting those tabs showing. I just found out they were just 'dragged down to invisibility'. Argh...

The color elements that you refer to are shared with tabs in library explorer panel, making it a little difficult to get it perfect for both.
I made a small compromise, and think it's o.k. now.
Thnx for noticing and reporting.

redwing

Yeah, looks good now. I know that because I missed it before. MB has so many layout configurations that we never know what colors we've missed.

jistme

However, I'm not able to use your skin. There must be a bitmap issue. Would love to give it a try. Following error report:

I'll check if I find something erroneous in the bitmaps later tonight.
Maybe you can check if there's something 'different' in your layout settings that might trigger this?
Things like 'flat layout', 'increase height progress bar', or maybe the use of a specific font(size) in the track panel?

jistme

Updated.

- Fixed invisible track text in miniplayer
- Accommodated redwing a tiny little bit: white is now the whitest sun bleached ivory, and black the darkest Gabon Ebony I could find.
- Made an adjustment on track text positioning in the player panel. @Underneath, can you check if your problem is solved now? I suspect this might have been the culprit.

jistme

Thnx for the feedback, great that you like it.

Fyi: I just now re-uploaded, because I suspect I messed something up with an old and new version, and I think the last one might have had something wrong with the spectrum display.

lnminente

Jistme, just in case you're referring to a strange behavior with the spectrum when switching the player controls between bottom or at top it happens with my metrocolours too. Simply restarting MB gets solved, it's something from the latest patches.

jistme

Jistme, just in case you're referring to a strange behavior with the spectrum when switching the player controls between bottom or at top it happens with my metrocolours too. Simply restarting MB gets solved, it's something from the latest patches.

Yep that was it.
Thnx  Lnminente, I was really starting to doubt my senses ;-)

jistme

Updated
(support for new spectrum visualizer in Now Playing panel)