Author Topic: 2 Purely Visual (Stolen) Ideas  (Read 7945 times)

Iasc

two visual aspects i think would be a nice additions to music bee

1) as you can can see in the picture the player takes colour elements from the album cover and applys it to the skin. so as the album cover changes the skin changes with it.  maybe just an addition to what can be done with skinning so some of our more proficient skinnners can have something new to play with. ( Bee-liever would relish the challenge im sure )

2) an animation for the progress bar. ( i don't  know of a way to record a video of a phone screen so pictures is the best i can do ). it looks a lot better in real time, very smooth and unobtrusive. kind of like small vertical fireworks of light the moving up from the progress bar and then fade as they fall ( im sure there are others that have the same on their android phone). if i had any clue how to  program i would try to create a plugin myself but, alas i possess no such ability.

Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:02:06 PM by iasc

Alexis

+1.
I think that would be an amazing accomplishment.  The skin appearance anyway.  I think it would be absolutely FANTASTIC in Theatermode.

As well as the Compact player.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

redwing

+1 for the first idea.

For theater mode, it would be more useful if background (or panel) color can be set to auto-change following Gallery picture.

mikebo

@1
I really like the implementation of this idea in new itunes 11

@2
imho excessive

beeing good

Would the whole skin change colour? Seems a bit excessive and annoying. I quite like what itunes has done but the fading on the album art itself is atrocious, I would rather have no effects and be able to see the artwork properly than have it fade out like that. The itunes thing also gets it horribly wrong sometimes from the screenshots I've seen.

I suppose there's room for something but not sure how it could be implemented.

Zak

• Global Moderator
It might look okay on the samples, but MusicBee looks nothing like that. Which elements of the screen should be coloured to match the artwork, itself only displayed in a small panel in the corner?

For Theater view it might work.
Bee excellent to each other...

Greb

Without going until the 'colour fadered' iTunes stuff, I think the 'artwork and several columns displayed tracks' could be a really good idea.

To say it in images.

This is the current look:

How about that alternative?

Iasc

It might look okay on the samples, but MusicBee looks nothing like that. Which elements of the screen should be coloured to match the artwork, itself only displayed in a small panel in the corner?

For Theater view it might work.

someting like this. ideadlly the colour would very slowly move across the screen as the track progresses and the fade back in as the track comes to an end or when playing a full album it could move over the course of the whole album.

i personally don't like the way itunes fades the edges of the artwork. i like to have my artwork clear and untouched.
Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:06:52 AM by iasc

Alexis

i personally don't like the way itunes fades the edges of the artwork. i like to have my artwork clear and untouched.

I feel the same way.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

VX