Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497154 times)

kelsos

Ok you are right... I was lazy and I assumed that since the debug build worked fine the release should also work properly... I should have known better.  My fault I am checking to figure out what went wrong.... I am gonna test the next release before uploading...

--- Update ---
I am really sorry about the previous upload it was a really stupid mistake... here is a new build that should work fine...  : mbrc_plugin-v0.11.7z

--- Update II ----
Anyone who had the issue with the crashing on the DiscoveryService please tell me if this fixes the issue for you.
Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:48:11 PM by kelsos

fabuuu

Hi,
thank you for your patience.

With the new plugin MusicBee isn't crashing anymore.
If the connection with the app works as fine as before the crashes started I haven't tried out yet.

kelsos

find-the-pig

--- Update ---
I am really sorry about the previous upload it was a really stupid mistake... here is a new build that should work fine...  : mbrc_plugin-v0.11.7z

Workes fine with 0.11 :)
thanks
greetz find-the-pig

kelsos

Hello there, I made another preview build available, v0.10.0.4, this version also requires a minor plugin update v0.12 that is available on the preview folder on mediafire. Mostly the update is visual. Also the ability to clear the search results has been added.
Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:20:04 AM by kelsos

kelsos

A new version has been pushed to the testing channel in Google Play Store. For those that are interested in testing but are not yet members you can join testing through the google group at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/musicbee-remote.

Keep in mind that  v0.12 of the plugin is required and  is available under the test versions category. Also both the plugin and apk are available on their respective repositories on Github.

The plan is to hit stable after one week if no major issues arise. The update will have mostly a visual redesign closer to the material design guidelines. Also adds an exit button to the drawer menu that will stop the background service and exit the application, and a floating button in search that clears the search results. Also the shuffle button with the new update should change from off/shuffle to off -> shuffle -> autodj.

The plans are to release another minor update in the near future that will include a lockscreen and homescreen widget, and afterward I will resume the work on library/playlist support. Unfortunately I don't have any ETA for library/playlist, The work is halfway done.

find-the-pig

v.0.12 looks pretty good :)
Two things, I noticed:
My OnePlus One is set on a low DPI for getting everything smaller. it runs @350dpi. The standard value is 450 i guess.
I think the low DPI is the reason, why the Album Cover is cut at the top and bottom for approx. 15%. So it isn't perfect square..
That doesn't look good :/

Second thing; when LastFm scrobbling is enabled while starting the App, the Checkbox isn't enabled.
Only if you disable and enable Scrobbling via the App, the Checkbox is checked.

Carry on :) Your work is excellent ;)
greetz find-the-pig

kelsos

halliba can you please send a screenshot ? I will check the last.fm scrobbling maybe I missed something.

find-the-pig

kelsos

OK I can see the previous now.. It took a while to load probably... I have an idea but it will require some testing. I will let you know.

find-the-pig

I forgot to set the Viewpermission for everyone in Onedrive.. So my fault^^
I'm patient ;)
greetz find-the-pig

sdk16420

Would it be possible to add (better) support for radio streams? Right now you can only play/pause and stop radio, it would be great if you could switch between radio stations or radio and local music.

Otherwise MusicBee remote is great, sometimes a little buggy when connection, but overall I have no complaints.

kelsos

Radio support is on my TODO list I will check what is needed to add it.

Halliba did you test this release https://github.com/kelsos/mbrc/releases/tag/v0.10.0-rc.2 ? if not could you please tell me if the cover adjusts properly.

Also there is a specific issue I have to solve that is related to the initial state of the application.  This is probably partially caused by the plugin, I want to fix this before releasing a stable version.

find-the-pig

looks perfect with v0.10.0-rc.2 now :)
thanks ;)
greetz find-the-pig

kelsos

I did push another release candidate version of the Android Application in the Google Play Store testing channel, it should be available in the next few hours. The apk is available at https://github.com/kelsos/mbrc/releases/tag/v0.10.0-rc.4 . And it also requires the latest plugin update https://github.com/kelsos/mbrc-plugin/releases/tag/v0.13.0 . Mostly I did a few minor additions to the protocol on the plugin side however I did manage to find a small issue that would cause data to get ignored by the client.

The rc.3 features a new logo, and adds support for lockscreen controls and fullscreen cover display on devices running Android 4.0 or later. Also I had a request on github for headset controls, and since that part was related to the way the lockscreen widget works I decided to add it. Now you can play/pause with single click from the connected headset button or skip to next with a double click.

I plan on waiting for another week for any issues reported, and then I will start rolling out the new update.  Afterwards I plan on releasing another minor update that will include widgets before resuming my work on Library browsing and Playlist support.

-- Update --

I found a couple of issues with the rc.3 so I did an new build fixing the issues in rc.4
Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:00:32 PM by kelsos