Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497024 times)

kelsos

Hi Moshi_ no it does not support streaming. It only acts as a remote control.

QcMax

This remote is awesome! I'm looking foward to the library browsing features! Would make this app perfect.

I'm not sure if it would be possible but I would love to use the remote to start playing music on two computers running musicbee at the same time.

Something like what Apple Remote can do.

http://images.apple.com/ca/fr/apps/remote/images/remote_5.jpg

You are awesome, don't stop the good work!

titule

My guess is it's possible. Awesome, you might say. ;D
Go into the settings, then the connection manager. You can add or scan another PC, make sure that Musicbee with the RC-addon is running there.
Once you successfully added it, you should be able to switch the PC you're controlling in the connection manager.

I hope that's what you were looking for.  not sure if you can control 2 PCs at the same time (like starting them simultaneously).

QcMax

Thanks for the reply. I'm already using the connection manager to switch the remote from one computer to another. The feature I was talking about is really about controlling the two PC simultaneously but like I said, I'm not sure if it's possible.

djshack

This app is awesome, but I'm having one issue.

When I play an album through the remote (either via artist or album search), the remote app queues the album in a seemingly random track order.  It is consistent per album, but it does not queue the tracks in album/track order, which is quite annoying.  I don't have MusicBee set to shuffle or anything.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

kelsos

Hi djshack, I will give it a look and see what is the problem, it is probably an implementation problem because I don't actually check the order of the tracks when I enqueue them and it might be that I get them unsorted. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

QcMax if I am not mistaken iTunes works with AirPlay, which in a sense streams the music to the various devices but the iTunes is still one, the AirPlay devices you control just play the sound streamed by one central iTunes library. On the other hand to achieve the same thing at the moment with MusicBee (Controlling two or more instances of MusicBee simultaneously) would at first require every instance to have exactly the same library, exactly the same now playing queue and a way to keep them playing in sync. Though it might not be impossible it would require a lot of research to achieve something like this and a great deal of effort and time.

A better solution would be to create some kind of companion streaming solution and integrate it with the remote, however something like this is not possible during the current period.

djshack

Awesome, thanks for the info.  I look forward to a fix for this and am completely willing to help you test it out if need be.

jpe123bee

Just found this and its awesome. Never actually wanted to control Musicbee from my phone but I do now. Thank you very much!

kryz70fr

Hello,

On PC, MusicBee 2.3.5100 and plugin 0.9.6.982
Galaxy Note 3 with musicbee remote 0.9.8

Now playing list is OK, i can play, stop, next track ...
Lyric is OK
but when i click on the search button ... nothing lists in genre, artist, album album so i can choose any album :(

kryz70fr

Hello,

On PC, MusicBee 2.3.5100 and plugin 0.9.6.982
Galaxy Note 3 with musicbee remote 0.9.8

Now playing list is OK, i can play, stop, next track ...
Lyric is OK
but when i click on the search button ... nothing lists in genre, artist, album album so i can choose any album :(

False Ticket, Search is OK ... I thinked that function was to browse the collection

kelsos

No worries :) Browsing functionality is under development, though I am unsure if 8 minutes to get the meta data and covers for 16000 tracks is acceptable or not. Trying to figure out a good and fast implementation to sync the meta data with the android device.

nepanitukka

yep - browsing would be great -

8 minutes wouldn´t be acceptable for must users, also not for me.
(i am also at 16000 tracks)

for the start it would be fine to browse without covers

Genre and Artists

your idea with "get artist, albums, tracks" is very good and blazingly fast at my place,
maybe could be implemented accordingly for browsing ...

still i´d like to browse more, than to type everything in.

landcross

I've good news, Kelsos  :)

I don't know if you remember me from a month or two ago, but I had problems with connecting my phone with my pc. A few weeks ago I bought an ssd and I installed a fresh Windows 8.1. I also installed a new antivirus.
Connecting my phone with Musicbee is super simple now. I don't know why, but it works.

And I have to say: It's a great app. I only have 2 minor issues: when I search an Album, the album list lists all numbers inside the album I searched for, but I would like to see only the albums themself in the search result. I also would like a "quick scroll bar". I don't know the correct term, but there's an Android scroll-bar for long lists. A bigger scrollbar which you can pull to scroll super quick. If you don't understand me, I could search for an example  :)

Thanks anyway, it's a great app  :D :D

Moshi_

• http://www.last.fm/user/Moshi_
Hello!

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but when MusicBee is already muted the Remote control unmutes it when there is a receiving call on the phone if the "Reduce on Incoming" option is selected.

It needs to be fixed so that when MusicBee is already muted it stays muted when there is an incoming call with the "Reduce on Incoming" option selected in the options.

kelsos

Hello!

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but when MusicBee is already muted the Remote control unmutes it when there is a receiving call on the phone if the "Reduce on Incoming" option is selected.

It needs to be fixed so that when MusicBee is already muted it stays muted when there is an incoming call with the "Reduce on Incoming" option selected in the options.

Hi Moshi no it hasn't been mentioned, I will fix it for the next release.

I've good news, Kelsos  :)

I don't know if you remember me from a month or two ago, but I had problems with connecting my phone with my pc. A few weeks ago I bought an ssd and I installed a fresh Windows 8.1. I also installed a new antivirus.
Connecting my phone with Musicbee is super simple now. I don't know why, but it works.

And I have to say: It's a great app. I only have 2 minor issues: when I search an Album, the album list lists all numbers inside the album I searched for, but I would like to see only the albums themself in the search result. I also would like a "quick scroll bar". I don't know the correct term, but there's an Android scroll-bar for long lists. A bigger scrollbar which you can pull to scroll super quick. If you don't understand me, I could search for an example  :)

Thanks anyway, it's a great app  :D :D

I am glad it works, not sure what exactly do you mean by all the numbers inside the album could you please explain?