Author Topic: (Version 1.8) Spectrogram Panel Plugin  (Read 101967 times)

eeik

Ahh, that's a very cool idea, but the API doesn't currently support images in the tracklist like that. You could try asking Steven via a feature request.

... that's what I was afraid of, good to hear it from someone who's been in the code before embarking myself in a little light Christmas API doc reading 👍

Thanks for the suggestion, logged new feature request here, and happy holidays!

Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 05:08:57 AM by eeik

SonicRings

Can you please allow it to be placed here?
I will look at adding support for plugins in the Now Playing panel for MB v3.5
Apologies for necroing your old comment, but just wondering how the progress is coming along with this?
It's been a couple years now so just wanted to ask if this will be making it in to v3.6?

phred

• Global Moderator
It's been a couple years now so just wanted to ask if this will be making it in to v3.6?
Probably not as it's a plugin. Typically plugins are created when Steven doesn't have the time or desire to add and maintain a feature within MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

SonicRings

Probably not as it's a plugin. Typically plugins are created when Steven doesn't have the time or desire to add and maintain a feature within MB.
If you check my quoted post you'd see that Steven did say they would look into adding "support for plugins in the Now Playing panel for MB v3.5". Did they change their mind?

phred

• Global Moderator
Did they change their mind?
Only Steven can answer that question. I was just expressing my thoughts based on the general purpose of plugins.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

alec.tron

Ahh, that's a very cool idea, but the API doesn't currently support images in the tracklist like that. You could try asking Steven via a feature request.
It does for 'artwork' - but only pre defined ones seemingly (added it as a thought in the feature request here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=37796.msg215785#msg215785).
c.

alec.tron

Hai. A few config/usabilty questions:
- does anyone have recommended settings (of the countless permutation options of settings) to get the most visual expressive feedback out of the shown spectrum ? Testing around seems the combo settings of Intensity / Rect / (ideally seperate stereo channels - but loss of screen space lets me mostly switch on combined...)  / 4hrt seems to be the one I am most after, but very curious what others found as good combos.

- and secondly - settings once tweaked, are not save-able as far as I can see - or is there a way around to eg overwrite the 'Reset the Defaults' to a custom set of parameters ?

Churs & thanks for this great component!!
c.

ps. oh, and thirdly - if there's perf tips - as this has a very noticable impact on music playback when activated (hence the request in the other thread to store the image of the spectrum, once analyzed in an artwork slot - so one could see a saved spectrum, instead of having it generated on playback, which seems to be the perf impact.... [?] )

sveakul

ps. oh, and thirdly - if there's perf tips - as this has a very noticable impact on music playback when activated (hence the request in the other thread to store the image of the spectrum, once analyzed in an artwork slot - so one could see a saved spectrum, instead of having it generated on playback, which seems to be the perf impact.... [?] )
The image is already saved by default and reused unless "Clear Images on Restart" is checked; stored in "..\MusicBee\AppData\Dependencies\Spectrogram_Images."

alec.tron

The image is already saved by default and reused unless "Clear Images on Restart" is checked; stored in "..\MusicBee\AppData\Dependencies\Spectrogram_Images."
Interesting, thanks for the info (and the spectrum component ;)!

The resolution it captures in comes straight from the panels on-screen pixel aspect from the looks (meaning i.e. if I change the layout/panel, on purpose or accidental, I generate pngs with a different ratio from that point onwards).
Is there an option (somewhere, but Iprobably not...) to lock the on-screen panel res (or the output) by chance ?
i.e. I now have a setting, which generates 64px high images, which I would love to 'lock'...
Cheers.
c.