Author Topic: Skinning Requests  (Read 198878 times)

Steven

• Administrator
MB is using the wrong setting in that preferences dialog which is corrected for the next update. It should be working fine in other places such as the auto-dj settings panel

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:44:19 AM by Steven

quisquis

A bunch of stuff I noted while I've been trying to shed a skin:

1) Element to set color of Wavebar Progress Line (the thin vertical cursor line in the sidebar Wavebar)?
2) Element to set text select color (currently tied to Windows settings), for selecting text in input boxes?
3) 'Controls.LockedInputControl.Default' element affects 'Row Span:' input fields in Now Playing Layout Configuration, though they are not 'locked'.
4) Panel.Body.Default BG and FG & Panel.Body.Highlight affects several Preferences dialog list boxes:
      - '...' | Preferences/Tags (1)/Artwork Storage/Album Artwork Retrieval Filter
      - '...' | Preferences/Tags (2)/auto-tagging/*

Also which element is responsible for the gradiented Up+Down arrows in those dialogs? I cannot figure out which element(s) would color them.

5) 'icon/ or' color picker box in 'Highlighting Rules Editor' dialog from 'Preferences/Tags (2)/tag handling/highlighting: Define Rules.../':
      -- Default background & border colors seems to be from 'Panel.Body.Default' attributes. Should the border at least follow Preferences Controls.* elements?

6) 'color' color picker box in 'Highlighting Rules Editor' dialog from 'Preferences/Tags (2)/tag handling/highlighting: Define Rules.../':
      -- Border color seems to be 'InputPanel.Default' FG attribute. Default background color isn't set by skin colors?

7) Also in 'Highlight Rules Editor' when you uncheck the 'active' checkbox the rule fields don't become disabled like other Preferences elements behave (like showing disabled field colors, as set by Preferences and Tag Editor skin elements?).

8) How to set background color of radio selector circle? (Seems to be set by 'Controls.InputControl.Default' 'BG' attribute.)

9) How to set checkbox checkmark color?

10) Equalizer slider skinning colors?

11) 'Quick Layout Panel' Skinning?
      - Heading background color appears to be set by 'BG" attribute of 'Controls.InputControl.Default'
      - Highlight background color appears to be Windows color setting.
      - Heading text, black text, and white background don't seem to be affected by skin element color settings (maybe also Windows colors?).

12) Panel borders sit above StatusBar top border. Unsure if that's intentional, but I'm not fond of it.

13) 'Panel.StatusBar.Default' BDR attribute controls the upper border color of the 'Playing Track'/'Selected Track' header in left pane when 'Show artwork in left sidebar' is enabled. How uncouth!

14) 'LibraryExplorerHeaderGap' also affects the 'Playing Track'/'Selected Track' header in left pane when 'Show artwork in left sidebar' is enabled. That seems undesirable. The ability to independantly change the 'Playing Track/Selected Track' colors when 'Show artwork in left sidebar' is enabled would be awesome as well.

15) Element to set just the magnifying glass icon in search box? (fg, bg, bg2, bdr, selected,highlight, defaultm kitchensink)?

16) I wish for 'TabsBar.TabInCaptionBarCloseButton.Highlight'.

17) Santa might you bring me 'Tabs*.Tab*AddButton.Highlight'?

18) How to disable 'MainPanelSeparatorMargin' altogether? I want it dead, I want its family dead, I want it burned to the ground.

19) Option to hide 'Track Information' header? In some layouts it seems superfluous and doesn't need to be labeled.

20) Ability to color toolbar buttons differently when Player is on Top (especially caption bar toolbar buttons)?

21) Full set of color options for Vertical Tabs Bar? (Including border color controls for each side? Left/right/top/bottom border?) (I'm growing to love the vertical tabs bar! but it has not the versatility of its horizontal siblings. Also would be nice to have Toolbar buttons in it, as an option.)

22) Border for Sidebar Player box?

23) BG and BDR attributes for 'Content[TrackDetail].Body.Disabled' & 'Content[TrackDetail].ListAlternating.Disabled'?

24) BDR attribute for entire scrollbar box? Perhaps also prevent ScrollBarBackground from surrounding the ScrollBarThumb boxes?

25) BDR attributes for A-Z Jumpbar? Maybe also highlight text elements for it?

26) 'Panel.TabSelector.UseRadioButton'? What is this?

27) 'Panel.ChildHeader.Default'
- bdr=   Now Playing header top border when docked in left pane
- bdr=   Track Info header top border when docked in right pane
-  bg=   Track Info panel header background *only* when 'Show all panels vertically' radio button is selected in 'Now Playing Layout Configuration'
      and when Now Playing panel is docked in right pane.
      When Now Playing isn't docked in right pane BG color becomes a border below Track Information header (which I wish would directly have its own BDR attribute).

^-- I'm not sure whether any of thems is bugs, but I know they displease me.

28) Bottom BDR for PlayerFlat ProgressBar (when progressbar is on bottom in particular)?

29) 'Sidebar.Body.Default' shows around Spectrum Visualizer in right sidebar. A little bit inconvenient.

30) Border option for Sidebar Wavebar and Spectrum Visualizer?

31) 'UseModernLayout' -- What is this?

32) Possible to get mouseover/highlight control of Love and Stars in right Track Info details pane?

33) How to skin Now Playing stuff while its in a Tab? I can't figure out how to make it obey.

34) How to skin the Lyrics display that shows on the right in the Now Playing panel. I had figured out how to color its background before, but it was tied to something else and annoyed me, so I changed it and now cannot figure out how to skin that bugger.

35) A full list of *every* possible color and image element, and their attributes? Both the dummy skin and the 'Skinning Elements' Wikia page are out-of-date and even incorrect in several instances. With that full list I would love to update both so future skinning will be less fraught by confusion and trial-and-error; and so a complete centralized compendium can be made, so inaccurate and defunct elements are no longer propagated. Skinning need not be such a struggle.

Thanks! Viva la MusicBee!

hiccup

35) A full list of *every* possible color and image element, and their attributes? Both the dummy skin and the 'Skinning Elements' Wikia page are out-of-date and even incorrect in several instances. With that full list I would love to update both so future skinning will be less fraught by confusion and trial-and-error; and so a complete centralized compendium can be made, so inaccurate and defunct elements are no longer propagated. Skinning need not be such a struggle.

For this you could check out jistme's 'xml comparison tool'. (for excel)
http://bit.ly/jistmes_skin_comparison_tool
It will compare your xml with any other xml, or the included 'master xml' which is quite comprehensive and current, and shows all differences or missing elements.
Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:13:38 AM by hiccup

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
a couple of items for consideration:
  • ability to override 'All Genres' image in Thumbnail Browser;
  • ability to use .png files in 'Genres' images so transparency is allowed (in line with other user-supplied icons).
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

A few elements to round out the 2.4 tab changes

<element id="TabsVBar.InactiveTabIconMask" bg="150,250,0,0" />
<element id="TabsBarBelow.InactiveTabIconMask" bg="150,250,0,0" />
<element id="TabsBar.InactiveTabInCaptionTopIconMask" bg="150,250,0,0" />

hiccup

Let's see if I can nominate myself for putting in the most futile request of this year:

Currently the tabs look like this:

Shouldn't they be like this? :

Alumni

I have a couple small requests:

A border element to display below tabs in the right sidebar. (see image, highlighted in red)

A custom 16x16 image element to display a "new tab" icon in the main panel tabs bar.
Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:22:46 PM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
i will be looking at skinning requests soon (maybe next week) so make sure you post them now so they can be considered

redwing

1. I've never liked status bar hanging above player bar when player bar is docked at the bottom. I'm trying to make the status far as invisible (transparent) as possible.

2. So I added <element id="Panel.StatusBarInPanel.Default" bg="222,222,255" fg="122,122,205" /> to make it look transparent when player bar is docked at the bottom. But the bottom of left sidebar doesn't look transparent.

3. This time I added <element id="AllowStatusBarInPanel">true</element>setting to remove the bar under left sidebar. But I don't like those crammed text under the main panel.

So can you offer a setting that removes status bar only under left sidebar so that queued duration can be displayed under right sidebar?

[edit]
See below.
Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 04:28:11 AM by redwing

redwing

On second thought, removing only left sidebar won't be a good solution if track info panel bg color is different from the main panel bg color. Rather, can you implement a setting that makes status bar look transparent by picking up adjacent elements' bg colors?
It would look something like this.

Note that how it takes colors from bg of left sidebar, thumbnail browser, main panel, and right sidebar.

Alumni

Could we have the option to place the "configure layout" button on the left hand side of tabs in the caption bar?
To me it looks a bit odd having this button so far to the right when multiple tabs are open.

Currently looks like:

Proposed alternative:

Bee-liever

i will be looking at skinning requests soon (maybe next week) so make sure you post them now so they can be considered

already have my most current ones logged in here and here,  but please don't forget this one I posted in the bugs section.

Edit: You can forget about that one after all.  It was me looking at the wrong panel in error, not MB in error.
Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:07:55 AM by Bee-liever

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've looked through but might have missed something.  Were Library Explorer and Track Details scrollbars ever given their own settings?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

I've looked through but might have missed something.  Were Library Explorer and Track Details scrollbars ever given their own settings?

Library Explorer and Track Details - http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2499.msg74288#msg74288:
as used in Wing-ated and Scamelon - but not separate colour settings

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Library Explorer and Track Details - http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2499.msg74288#msg74288:
as used in Wing-ated and Scamelon - but not separate colour settings

Thanks!  That'll work for me, though some might want separate settings.

Update: Actually, after applying the settings to Mellon Remix Modern skin, I only see the Library Explorer affected, not Track Details.  It affects the Playing Track Panel rather than the Now Playing Panel.

Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:48:13 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)