Author Topic: Skinning Requests  (Read 202057 times)

Steven

• Administrator
that is intentional for the main panel - it only follows the track if you have "select track" ticked (otherwise it would be annoying for when you are editing or performing other operations in the main panel)
In the now playing list it always follows the playing song

Alexis

OK, that makes sense because I have had that happen often while editing tracks.  Thank you.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

lnminente

Colouring the playing track really helps, maaaany thanks :)!!

jistme

Didn't know that one and tried it, but is it correct that will only change the color for the icons when they are active and clickable, but not when inactive?
Is there a way to have colors for 'active', 'passive' and 'hoover over'?

7. color elements for 'new tab','browse back','browse forward','refresh' icons
they can be already by overriden using:
Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Default

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
11a. In reference to bitmap skins:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7230.0

Is it possible to have proportional spacing, so the space between elements grows when you stretch the screen?
Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:07:22 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

SimonBRT

12. When using the flat player I would love to be able to achieve the effect used in certain bitmap skins where a square border is shown on player control highlight, like this:

without using a bitmap skin.  Currently we can only change the highlight colour of the player control icon itself.  The 'border on highlight' looks really professional in my opinion.
Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:17:30 PM by SimonBRT

lnminente

+1 for that SimonBRT. I have to say there isn't only a square border, there is also a soft gradient filling the button

BTW please add a number to this request for making it easy to comment and add plus ones :)

Steven

• Administrator
Didn't know that one and tried it, but is it correct that will only change the color for the icons when they are active and clickable, but not when inactive?
Is there a way to have colors for 'active', 'passive' and 'hoover over'?

7. color elements for 'new tab','browse back','browse forward','refresh' icons
they can be already by overriden using:
Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Default

forgot to mention:
Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Disabled

there isnt any mouseover setting.

to set people expectations on this topic, i have now pretty much stopped adding new features into musicbee itself for this version, so these requests wont be looked at until after i start on the next version (not sure when that will be)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P

to set people expectations on this topic, i have now pretty much stopped adding new features into musicbee itself for this version, so these requests wont be looked at until after i start on the next version (not sure when that will be)

I had assumed as much, with the proposed late September release date, but was just getting to the top of the queue for next time  :D
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

beistrich

Hello,

I'm currently working on something like this:

But now I would have an option to adjust the margin between the library/song lists. I want more space between the songs. You know what I mean :-) ?
Would this be possible?

Alexis

Is it already possible to do lines such as this?  I would describe this as an elevated line.  Eg, this sort could be in the menu separator lines or even the library view (may be too much for the library view, but  just a thought.. would prefer the opposite effect in library view).. 

Finally,
I like what appears to be a gradient effect in some parts of the player, that gives the added element color what I would describe as a 3D effect.  Is it possible to do this in an extended area of the top of the player and remove the line shown below, without causing issues?  I have been going through skins to see if anyone  was able to achieve this but no luck so far.

This example below is from Sunset skin

They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
But now I would have an option to adjust the margin between the library/song lists. I want more space between the songs. You know what I mean :-) ?
Would this be possible?
i'm not making any changes until later in the month - i will try and do this request but i cant promise until i look at whats involved.
from your screenshoot is looks like it would benefit if the left/ right and library explorer expand buttons down the bottom should either auto-hide or at least be able to be set so they are less prominent?

Thorbjorn

13) The header of 'library explorer' and 'track information' panel goes 1 pixel too far up, above the border. Would love a setting to adjust that so the border splits perfect between the two panels.

14) There is a line between the Library explorer header and the tabs. The colour comes from the left panel bg. I think the tabs should be moved 1 px up to remove it (or a setting to enable it).

15) The scroll bars in the left and right panel are offset 1-2 pixels from the headers. I think it looks much better if they go all the way up/down, like they do in the library. Maybe make it a margin setting so skinners can choose how they like it.

16) Adding to my request (3): I think the tabs look great like they do in the preferences and edit windows (look under). Would be a nice addition to the main window (in the 4 places with tabs). The border does not show under the active tab, but goes around it and under the inactive tabs (Similar to Firefox and Chrome). Also, rounded corners look better (not currently rounded in library explorer and track information).

mikebo

@Thorbjorn
I like you

@beistrich
I had a similar idea for a very plain skin though i didn't go as far as you. This is what i've came up with so far http://i.imgur.com/nTHjr.png. I think our skins would benefit if there was an option to hide the arrow buttons in scrollbars and that is my request.

17) an option to hide the arrow buttons in scrollbars

SimonBRT

looking forward to a new skin from you mikebo.  dusk and dawn are in my opinion still probably the best skins available for MB so interested to see what you do next!