Author Topic: MusicBee not recognizing iPod Classic 80GB as an iPod  (Read 9198 times)

JayHitcher

I've been using MusicBee for a few months now, and I recently dug out my old 80GB iPod Classic to sync to it. Unfortunately, MusicBee doesn't recognize the device as an iPod; it views it as a regular storage device. (Screencap: http://i.imgur.com/hKjgv.jpg, on the left you can see the file structure) Thus, when I synced to the iPod, all of the files were copied to the root folder, and the iPod read "no music" when the syncing finished.

Is there any way of getting MusicBee to recognize the iPod or copy the files to the correct folders in the device settings?

iPod specs: Model - PB029LL, Version - 1.1.2 PC (the firmware hasn't been updated in a long time)

EDIT: I am using MusicBee 2.0.4572.

Steven

• Administrator
you could try resetting the device with iTunes and trying again
but if you want to keep your tracks or it doesnt help then suggest you try another app like MediaMonkey (if you dont want to use iTunes)

JayHitcher

It doesn't matter much to me if I have to resync it, so I'll give resetting it a go.

JayHitcher

Restored to factory settings, only lost a few games, but it works now! Fully recognized in MusicBee as an iPod, everything's converted into the iPod structure perfectly.

Thanks!