Author Topic: Last.fm Playlist Generator  (Read 71238 times)

BlackFervor

the plugin has been updated to support retrieving more than 500 loved tracks
Thank you!

Lemodile

Hello!

Not sure if this plugin is still updated or not. Anyway, it seems to be what I've been looking for. I'd like to make a playlist with my loved tracks from Last.fm in it. However, I have 0 experience with getting plugins on MusicBee and the instructions here unfortunately aren't getting me anywhere...

I have the plugin downloaded, in the proper folder and it's listed as enabled under my preferences. But that's as far as I have managed to get with it. The instructions say to right click somewhere but no matter where I click, I get no entry anywhere that even remotely hints at being this plugin.

Any help would be hugely appreciated: How do I set up a playlist that has my Last.fm loved songs in it using this plugin?

Thanks

lamensterms

Great plug-in, thanks a lot for this.

To create a last.fm playlist, right-click in the song list or library panel.  Last.fm playlist menu should be at bottom of context menu.

memoria

I love this plugin but is there anyway we can increase the maximum output from 30 tracks to unlimited? I have a few artists with 100s of tracks and I'd like to see if any of the songs I've overlooked are unusually popular. Amazing work!

Z Tetriminos

I'd love to see an option where you could actually select how many tracks you want in your playlist.
Sometimes I want to make a playlist with just my 30-75 most played tracks in the last 3 months, but it makes a playlist with all the 500 tracks I listened to in the selected time span... Might as well shuffle my entire library  ;D

I'm sorry if that option already exists and I just couldn't find it...
Lemon curry?

SonicRings

I absolutely love this plugin! I can't believe I haven't found it until now. This pleases me so much.

Just one request: is it at all possible to give us more granular control over the timeframes? For example, I'd like to make a playlist of my most listened to songs from the past 2 weeks, or 1 month. Currently, the only choices we're given are 1 week/3 months/6 months/year/overall.

I'd love to see an option where you could actually select how many tracks you want in your playlist.
Sometimes I want to make a playlist with just my 30-75 most played tracks in the last 3 months, but it makes a playlist with all the 500 tracks I listened to in the selected time span... Might as well shuffle my entire library  ;D

I'm sorry if that option already exists and I just couldn't find it...

Can't you just remove the tracks yourself?
Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 09:28:38 AM by SonicRings

SonicRings

I've been listening to the playlist this plugin has generated based on my top tracks [3 months]. An issue I'm noticing is that the playlists that are created include the wrong song when there are multiple tracks in my library with the same title. It doesn't seem to take the album tag into account, nor the year. It looks like it's strictly looking at titles and taking the first match.

For example, there's a track by the artist "insaneintherainmusic" with the following tags:

Title: Sunyshore City
Album: Year 3 Collection
Year: 2016

Title: Sunyshore City (From "Pokemon Diamond / Pearl / Platinum")
Album: Sunyshore City (From "Pokemon Diamond / Pearl / Platinum")
Year: 2020

Title: Sunyshore City
Album: Sinnohvation
Year: 2020

The last two tracks here are identical. They're the same track. One's a single, the other's in an album. My "most listened to" track in this case is the third one. However, the first one from 4 years prior has the same title, so that's the one that incorrectly got added to the playlist instead of the third one.

Now if the plugin checked for album tag, the third one would have been correctly added.

This has happened about a dozen times so far. Some cases it's just a single whose album version was used in its stead (and vice versa), both of which being identical songs so it's fine. Other cases it's an album version vs. a dj-mix version. And there are cases like I just described where the old version is used when the new one should be used.

If this plugin can consider more than just the title tag, I believe these issues would be resolved.
Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 07:13:52 AM by SonicRings

so_la_la

it is matching 30 tracks per artist from the top 100 tracks for the artist according to last.fm. If you see less then it is not able to match to your library or your library tracks are not in the top 100 for the artist
Hello and thanks for this plugin.
Could it be that the plugin only includes each title once?
Like most users (I guess) I have a lot of songs in various formats and from various albums (Greatest Hits, Live etc.)
It seems that the plugin does not include these?
Sometimes the plugin returned flacs only, sometimes it seems to have selected the version at random?
Thanks!
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

so_la_la

only the "Library Top Tracks" query in last.fm returns album information. Other queries such as artist specific ones are based on overall last.fm counts for the artist and track only. What MB does is choose the highest quality file if that artist and track are on multiple albums. Highest quality being a lossless format, then m4a, then lossy such as mp3 at the bottom. I guess one change that could be made is if multiple albums match and they are all lossy formats then choose the album with the highest playcount according to MusicBee but then that would be confusing because it wouldnt be consistent if you were expecting it to choose the highest album playcount
Ok I have found this so obviously this is not supported.
I have one more question though:
How far back in time will the plugin compute an artist's top tracks?
I have tried the plugin on my Pretenders files and the top ranked track I get is "Spiritual High". I do not get any number returned for "Brass in Pocket", "Don't Get Me Wrong" or "Kid". Obviously the artist's most popular tracks in general did not get ranked.
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage